Chapter Nineteen

Adrien

They haven't fed me, I mean why would they. Nor have I gotten water or anything to drink rather than my own saliva. All I could do was tap. Tap against the metal table. Tap tap

I tapped against the chair. Tap tap tap

And fiddled with my fingers. It's not like I could go anywhere. There is a clock that I watch in the corner of the room. It's been at least 3 hours since I was brought in here, close to midnight. I took a deep breathe then my thoughts went back to her. Marionette.

I wonder if she made it back to Tikki. I wonder if she really did. The door then opened and two policemen along with the detective came in. I frowned and the two police men took me by the arms, undoing the chains from the chair.

"Where am I going?" My voice came out weak.

The detective grinned. "To the prison" I narrowed my eyes at him as both men led me out the door. It was a short walk. We took two turns and then made our way through a door to  prison check in. They led me through as they already took all my belongings. The police men took off the shackles and threw me towards the showers.

"Shower and get dressed" he then tossed me an orange jumpsuit with some hand-me-down boots. I grumbled under my breath and closed the curtain that was there. At least they fucking allow privacy.

~

They threw me into a almost solitude cell. It was in the middle of everything. Where they keep security on check 24/7. I looked up seeing guards with snipers along the walls, guess I can't escape going up. There were guards anywhere and the doors had keycards and a facial scanner.

Can't escape through the front door either. Well that one was a given. A loud bell rang through the air and all the cells had opened. There was yelling, the voices got louder. I grumbled and got up, making my way towards the door. As soon as I walked out, I gritted my teeth. It went silent. The yelling went down, the prison room almost went dead. They all stared at me. They knew who I was. I've killed hundreds, my kills probably touched each and every one of them.

"What you staring at? Get back to what you were doing!" It seemed as they all snapped out of their trance and went back to their meals. The prison room was filled of men and woman, this prison combined them, guess they didn't care who got hurt or who got raped either. I was about to go in the lunch line when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned and immediately got knocked down. I was swiped from underneath and I groaned when I hit the floor, that did not do my stomach any good.

I looked up at the person who did it, about to attack. My eyes widen as the man held his hand out. "Nice to see you cat" I grabbed his hand as he helped me up.

"Lover boy" it was Kim. He's been in here for a while after one of his missions went wrong. We both bear hugged each other, god I missed this guy. We pulled away and he grinned.

"So what's up kid? Been a while" I shrugged.

"Nothing much. Some old same old, how have you been holding up here?" He also shrugged and sighed.

"Been hard at the start then I gained some respect after I sent a guy to the ER" I chuckled a bit.

"You haven't changed a bit"

"You know when your technically Cupid, girls are all over you man and the men here just get weird with it" he shivered. "This prison is like fucking high school without any learning and just fighting all day, surviving" I nodded at his response and my arms crossed looking at all the people in orange clothes.

"Must be tough"

"Yeah it'll take you at least a month to get used to it, anyways how they get you?" We sat down at an empty table, he was sitting across from me.

"Well I think someone sold us out, then I got caught by a bullet" I lifted up the orange shirt to reveal the bandages and he nodded, then his face went confused.

"Us?" I nodded.

"I-I may have got a girl" his eyebrows went up in amusement.

"And you call me lover boy, how you meet? Does she know what you are?"

I took a troubled sigh. "Yeah...but she was one of my missions"

"How did you manage to do that?"

"It's complicated.." I then rested my head against the table and groaned. Why does all of this have to happen now?

A bell rang again and guards came into view. They were yelling, putting prisoners back in their cells. Kim then patted my back.

"Well it was good to see you man" I nodded getting up and going back to my cell. It locked as soon as I stepped in and my head went in my hands.

~
Now it was free time and I made my way to the yard. There was no sign of Kim anywhere.  I walked out and then I was pushed against the wall. I narrowed my eyes at a tattooed man, two men on either side of him.

"Hello kitty cat" he spat at me and the others around him chuckled. I kept silent.

"What cat caught your tongue?" They all laughed again and I grumbled under my breathe.

"What do you want from me?" He then grinned.

"You killed my wife and child. I think you should pay for your crimes"

"I'm already in prison aren't I?" He grabbed me by the collar and slammed me back against the wall. I winced as a sharp pain hit me but kept my straight face.

"No, prison will not cut it this time" his knee came up, meeting the bullets wounds spot. I fell down as all five men beat me. The guards didn't do a thing and neither could I.