Chapter Fifteen

Adrien

Her eyes fluttered shut and she went limp in my arms, her breathing went shallow. "Drive faster!" I screamed. I added pressure to her stomach, trying to stop the bleeding. The wound was deep. Blood kept on pouring out. Tears were starting to form in my eyes. She wasn't going to make it. Eventually we did make it to the house and I booked it inside. I ran upstairs laying her in my bedroom. I immediately recognized a doctor from headquarters. A woman who was a nurse came in as well and started to push me back.

"Sir we cannot have you in here right now! We need you outside!"

"No she needs me. She's going to die! I-I"

"Sir! Go now!" I felt two arms start pushing me back as I struggled to get out of their grip.

"No. No. No! Please you don't understand!" I was pushed out of the room and she locked the door. I banged on it, trying to get inside. "Please!" My claws came out scratching at the door, leaving deep marks on it. They retracted and I growled in defeat, leaning against the door.

"C-Chat?" I didn't respond. The water ways came down. I felt hands go on my shoulder. I was shaking.

"Leave..me alone"

"Chat turn around" I clenched my teeth and grabbed the person behind me, throwing them across the room.

"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!" Lila. She flipped and landed on her feet, her face worried.

"What is the matter with you?" For some reason I started laughing. Uncontrollable.

"What's the matter with me? What's the mater with me?!" I just repeated the question. "I'll tell you what the fuck is wrong with me! The girl that I love had just been abused for six fucking days and then today was on the point of death!"

"Y-you love her?" I chuckled.

"A feeling I didn't have with you. Shocking" hurt washed over her face. I know it was mean but right now I couldn't bother to care. "I'm in love with the girl I kidnapped to murder" my voice echoed through the vast room and she just stood there, frozen. I punched at the door again, sliding down it. I gripped my mask throwing it off and brought my head in my hands.

"Adrien. It's okay to be in love" she crouched down in front of me. The hot tears were falling and falling.

"It's not okay. It's not. I ripped her away of her family. I ripped her away of a normal life. I allowed her to get tortured. She lived in fear of me. And now I have feelings for her? That's not right. She doesn't deserve that. She doesn't deserve me as a burden to her" I glanced up at Lila and then I felt door start opening from behind. I scrambled up coming face to face with the doctor. He pulled away at his bloodied gloves, throwing them into a bin.

"H-how is she doing?" He sighed a grim look on his face. "Please. Tell me something. Anything"

"Well first. We need to get her to a real hospital. We could get her to head quarters and I could work with her there with all my instruments" he then sighed. "But she's in a coma"

"C-can I see her?" He firmly nodded his head. I went by him and saw her. They had taken off her ripped up shirt and her bra was left with a bloodied bandage, wrapping around her torso. I ran over, grabbing her cold hand in mine. Her shallow breathe assured me, she was still alive. I kneeled next to her and laid my head on her leg, enjoying her presence. I couldn't say anything. How could I? Then something I haven't done in a while, maybe just starting to this month. I cried. Sobbing. My cries had filled the room, holding onto her as if I would let go she would be gone. I've failed her. I brought her into this mess.

And I plan on fixing it.

~

*A few days later*
Marinette

My eyes had shot open. My heart was pounding. There was a breathing mask on me, wires attached to me. A beeping noise that kept going at a fast rate. I was panicking. Where was I? The room was bright. There was a bed under neath me. Something was holding me down. Did Nathaniel capture me again? Was he still alive!?

I screamed and tugged at the restraints. I have to go. I have to be free. I have to. I have to. I then heard footsteps and in my blurry vision was a man in a white coat. Is he one of Nathaniel's henchmen?! "Let me go! You will never get away with this!" 

"Marinette calm down! Call the cat she is awake!" Chat. He's alive. I have to go.

"Let me go. Let me go. Let me go!" I violently thrashed around and I felt someone else try and hold me down. Then a sharp pinch in my neck. I screamed again, starting to feel drowsy. That's when darkness consumed me again.

~

I woke up again and it was a change. I was in a bedroom. Nothing was attached to me anymore. I caught my breathe and looked around. Where am I? I swung my legs around the bed, starting to get up. As soon as I made contact with the ground, I scrunched up in pain. I screamed and fell down to the floor, gripping the bedside table. I groaned trying to get up. The door burst open.

"Mari!" He ran over and helped me up, setting me on the bed again. He sat down, pulling me onto his lap, and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"A-Adrien? What are you doi-"

That's when his lips smashed against mine.