Chapter Fourty-One

It was another two hour drive, he had already passed out on the way there. I felt drained with just 30 to go until we get into Rome. I had to stop somewhere, anywhere to get something to eat. My stomach had growled as I had parked the car in an alley way, away from the crowded streets. I stepped out of the car, breathing in the warm, damp air. I then stretched, looking around at my surroundings. I looked across the street to see what looked like a sub shop. Perfect. I went around the car opening up his side to wake him.

"Adrien...we are here. Cmon" his eyes had blinked open, they were red as if he had been drinking. He rubbed his eyes, unbuckling himself and stepping out of the car. He shut the door behind him, looking around. He groaned also stretching.

"I need a beer" I frowned, going to the back of the car and grabbing the two duffel bags with our clothes that we had left. Closing the trunk I began to follow him as we went. But he went the other way, away from the sub shop. He lead me down the street. We stopped at a hotel.

"Go check in quickly to put our bags down. We are going out"

"Out? Out where? What about eating?" He rolled his eyes grabbing his bag and pulling out two bags of chips.

"Go I'm waiting for you here. Say 'miraculous is supposed to be good' to the front desk" I raised a brow. "In  french please. They will know your with me"

"Why won't you just go in with me?"

"I..I think I just need a smoke and some time alone. Just. Please" oh. I blinked a few times then sighed. I stood up on my tippy toes giving a slight kiss on his cheek. His eyes showed hurt as he then slumped against the wall, taking out the pack of smokes from his pocket. I backed away then went into the hotel. It was as nice as it could get. The lobby was a bit smaller than a usual one would be, a little seating area with the front desk.

I walked up to the front desk to see a man there. He was wiping down the table with a cloth. He didn't even notice me until I had cleared my throat. "Ciao. Ti piacerebbe una stanza?"

"Oh uh.. Ils disent que c'est miraculeux" his eyes widen for a second, then had rested as he grumbled something under his breath. He went under the desk and pulled out a key and a key card.

"Top floor suite" he said after he handed them to me. I thanked him then went up to the room.

~

"Okay lets go" I snapped him out of his daze, he was almost finished with his cigar.

"How about you try it. Just once" my nose wrinkled just looking at it.

"Uh no. No I'm good" he waved it around.

"Cmon. Once and then I'll leave it alone" I rolled my eyes then sighed.

"Once. Then I'm done" he nodded handing over the burning cigar. The smell was already giving me a headache. I can't believe I'm doing this. I took it to my lips, breathing in the laugh smoke. I began to cough, dropping it to the ground.

"That was disgusting" all I did was hear him laugh. "I-it's not funny!" He stepped on the burning cigar then wrapped an arm around my shoulders. He started to lead me down the street. We took a turn down an alley way. It was a dead end and we just kinda stood there. "Chaton why are we here?" He knocked on a steel door then had waited.

"I said I wanted a beer and this is the best place to get it" two eyes then had appeared as they opened the latch blocking the view.

The man behind the door spoke in another language, the same one the front desk man spoke. Adrien responded back in French though, saying 'in regards to the manager'. The man behind the door closes the open slot. The door was then opened, revealing the bulky man.

Loud blaring music had soon followed making me cringe. I tried to get through but the man put his arm out blocking my path. "Hey. She's mine. Let her go" he took my hand in his tugging me out of the other mans hold. He lead me into the crowded club, leading me past everyone and at the bar. He ordered drinks from the bar tender, who had nodded and had went to the tap.

"Stay here one second. Need to make sure of something" I nodded, watching him disappear into the crowd. The bartender put the drinks down. I sighed turning back towards the bar, staring at the drink. It was one of those moments, where everything around you just came crashing down.

I thought about Adrien. I thought about his issues. My parents, my issues. Who ever the fuck was after us! It must've been half an hour and he still hadn't come back. I drank. Three. I had three and the buzz was already starting to get to me. I was starting to lose focus, the musics lyrics already staring to mush together, I couldn't make sense of it.

Then a man sat next to me as I ordered another drink. I didn't recognize him, nor did I care to. Until he spoke. "Whoah little lady. Don't you think drowning your sorrows isn't always the answer?" I ignored him. Where the hell is Adrien? "So she's the quiet type hm?"

I rolled my eyes. "Not in the mood for...confrontation that's all" I slurred a bit but I was good. I turned my attention away from him, my fingers tapping against the glass of my drink. He stopped talking, I took another swig from the drink. It was maybe a minute until my vision was completely blurred, I also couldn't control myself. My body was starting to go limp. I couldn't move. The music had completely drowned. I tried to get up, I tried to move. And I did but my legs had buckled from under me. Someone had caught me. Adjusting me so that their arm was around me holding me up.

"A..ad..rian?" It had to be him right? "I..I don't..f..feel..g...good" I think I heard him speak, he was laughing. Why was he laughing? He was leading me somewhere then it got really quiet. He had set me down, Why was the ground so hard? Then I had heard his voice.

"Everything is going to be alright. Just keep quiet for me" that wasn't his voice. It wasn't Adrien's! It was the man at the bar. What the-?

"N..no.." my voice was weak. He then put his lips on my neck. Roughly, he had helped me up, my back against the wall. "S..s-stop!" My voice was stronger that time. His lips went to, he then had bit my lip, hard. I whimpered, he bright his mouth to my ear whispering. "You speak again. I'll kill you" I felt tears slowly make their down my cheeks.