Chapter Eighteen

I kept going. I had to. I reached the edge of the rooftop and then looked back. One of the swat members kicked him down. I wanted to go back but he told me to go. Okay back to the yo yo.

God what does this thing even do? I started to spin it around a little bit and it released all of its sting falling on the floor. I frowned and stared back. They were coming after me. I had to think fast. I wound the yo yo back up as fast as I could and then took a deep breathe. I swung it and it wrapped itself around a pole at the other building. I tugged on it and looked back again. They were a few feet away and then I jumped. I closed my eyes, keeping my grip on the tiny object and it swung me onto the next building. I flinched thinking I would hit the ground.

I opened my eyes and widen as I landed on my feet. And now I run.

~
Adrien

They kicked me down to the ground. I groaned, my insides turning. I clenched my teeth, the pain was unbearable at this point. I lazily looked up and smiled seeing she got away. That's all that matters. That she got away.

I felt one of the swat put my arms back and put handcuffs on tightly. I grunted as he lifted me up again. "Let's to kitty cat" I growled lowly while they all started to laugh.

~

They did patch me up, barely though but the bleeding had stopped, seemed that the bullet went straight through and didn't hit anything which I call myself lucky. They did give me some type of drugs to keep the pain down. They sat me down in this empty room. The only thing that was there was two metal chairs and a metal table. They had me chained down to one chair, by my feet and hands. There was a one way see through window, blocking me from seeing who's on the other side.

The door opened and I stared down at the table. The sound of footsteps came closer and then I saw someone sitting down at the other side of the table. Then a file went down on the table. The man pushed it towards me as I just stared. It had my name on it, in big red, bold printing. I just watched.

He then opened it. Pictures. Photographs of everyone I killed. He started to turn each page over, the crimes more brutal each time. If he thinks he's going to make me crack and confess he's got it all wrong.

"Now it's either you speak, or your punishment will be much worst" board I stared to meet his eyes. I stayed silent, not showing any emotion.  I blinked a bit and he stood up. He then walked out slamming the door shut. He came back a minute later, holding another file. He placed it down in front of me and I carefully read the big red, bold letters. I froze then my eyes narrowed at him.

"Oh so this sparks your interest" he tapped his fingers against the file and then opened it. I clenched my teeth, trying not to meet his gaze.

"You will never get her..." I mumbled. He raised a brow and came in closer.

"What was that Mr.Agreste?" I stood up but the chains still pinned me.

"You will never get her!" The clanging of metal on metal. The man was still sitting down and smirked at my sudden outburst.

I tried to get out of the chains and ended up giving up. I sat back down, slouching in defeat.

"Thank you cat. Riveter, get the girl and he will talk" he talked into his walkie. My eyes widen and I stood up again, trying to get out of the grip of these chains.  He steadily walked out as I kept screaming.

"You will never get her! She won't fall into your hands that easily! She won't!" He stopped at the door, looking back at me.

"We'll be sure of that when we catch now won't we?" He closed the door behind him and I panted heavily. I kicked down the table.

They will never find her

~

Marinette

I struggled to get over there as it started to pour and fell onto the balcony. I groaned and then got up banging on the door. Please be home. Please be home. I kept banging on it and then the door opened. I ran in and Tikki went into alert.

"Marinette?! What happened to you? Wheres Adrien?" She shut the door, locking it, her attention to me. God it's freezing in here.

"T-they took him. S-swat took h-him" I didn't even notice I was shivering until she brought me towards the fireplace. I instantly felt relief.

"How?"

"H-he was shot. A few buildings over. He told me to run and gave me this, I managed to escape" I handed her the yo-yo and she looked at it wide eyed. Her eyes started to get teary as she started to pace. "What's wrong? Something is wrong isn't it?"

She started to talk to herself mumbling and running her hands through her black hair. "Tikki what is it?"

"Marinette. He's going to get the death penalty. He's committed to many crimes. He's the most wanted right after his father. My nephews going to die!" My throat sting at her words and she started to sob. I was on the verge and held them back."H-he's got two weeks"

"There must be something we can do then" she looked at me with puffy, red eyes, she seemed to be looking behind me. I turned and looked at the tv.

"I have an idea"