Prolouge

Church bells. Swinging back and fourth. They were ringing, sounding off. But silence was all I heard. It was windy outside that day as well. I remember. The wind would pick up my hair, it sent tingles down my arms and picked up my black dress a bit, making it flow. Daddy was crying that day. Of coarse he would be crying.

He gripped onto my tightly the whole time, as if he would let go of me, I would be gone too. There was someone near her. It was my Uncle. He was an Alpha to our pack. He was speaking. His lips were moving. His eyes were red and puffy. He was slouching on the podium, bags underneath his eyes as well. His hair was messy. He wore a tux but he didn't seem decent. My Auntie was also next to him, gripping his arm as he spoke, rubbing circles on his arm. She wore her mask on her face, she was blind for a while, the light is the only thing that effects her eyes now. In a few days she would be giving birth to my other cousin to be, Sophie. He then stopped and she took over, speaking for him. Both seemed troubled, even though Aunties face was half covered.

Then they stopped and everyone had stared down. Maybe it was a moment in silence? Well I've mastered that. As Daddy held me he began to hiccup. My tiny hands then found around his neck, my eyes watering. I needed to stay strong for him. For him. Auntie stopped talking and everyone began to clap, judging by the  movements in their hands.

Both of them then sat down with my two cousins. One was crying, that was Emily. She was the youngest one of the two, a week younger than me. Then there was the older one, Mason, he never cried. Even for his Aunt, my mother, he didn't cry. His red eyes, held an emotionless gaze. My eyebrows knitted together. He never cared. Not even for family. That day I broke my promise I made for daddy.

I wanted to stay strong. I wanted to. For daddy.  I had a reason to not cry. I had a reason. Mason did it out of selfishness as he always does. I gritted my teeth and clenched my tiny fist together. My claws were sinking into my palm. I wanted to scream at him. Wanting to say something. Wanting to show my mother some respect. But I couldn't, I could only cry silently. I shut my eyes, not wanting to face my present time. I didn't want to.

Fire. Burning. It was everywhere. A sea of death, rising up. It was blazing. The heat evaporating the sweat that began to tumble down. Mommy held me close, running trough the rummage, trying to get us free. More wood crashes down in front of us. My scream, rips into the air. She protected me with her body as the rubble fell down. She than began to run again. I felt her weaken from beneath me and we fell. I rolled and groaned, getting up in my elbows.

I gazed up and she laid on the floor, not moving. "Mommy!" I scrambled over and she also began to cough. My tiny hands struggled to lift her head into my lap. Black dust, ash had scattered her face. Her hands came up to my face.

"Baby. Go..."

"Your coming with me right? Mommy yours coming w-with me?!" Another crash, making me flinch. My attention drawn to her. She shook her head softly.

"Go find daddy to help me"

"Mommy I'm scared. I don't want to leave you"

"Don't be scared my love. I'll never l-leave you..go.." I'm a five year old. A toddler. I couldn't do this by myself. I stayed put and then her eyes softened.

"Baby let's play a game okay? Hide and seek. We have to find daddy. You think you can do that?" I almost seemed to forget about my current situation. I nodded my head.

"Let's count to Five then..1" I shut my eyes, putting my hands over them.

"2...3.." there was a cracking sound mixed with the crackling of the fire. "4-5!" I then was pushed out of the way. The burning fire and half of the second floor came down on her.

"No! Mommy!" My scream pierced the air.

'Get out of here child, go, go get your father...' it was a voice. It sounded like mommy's but only a lower pitch and softer. It was mommies wolf!

Suddenly my legs started to run, taking turns to avoid the blaze. I kept going and I saw an exit. I ran faster this time and saw him. "Daddy!" His clothes were also burnt and he looked at me frantically. "Mommy is still inside! She's trapped-"

"Kamali! Run!"

I looked at him in confusion, turning my head. "But mommy is-" then there was an explosion, flying me away from the building. Everything went silent. I landed on the ground, no sound.

And to this day. No sound at all

A/N
I know I know...longer than expected but the book is out with its first chapter! *yay*

I will be fixing the cover, it's given me my most problems when uploading sooo ya
Hope you enjoyed