Chapter Fifty-Eight

Kamali

I watched as the moon had finally risen to its peak. Still not a sign of a vampire. No scent, no feeling they crossed the border, nothing. I felt that something was off though, it didn't feel like danger it felt like pressure. It was weird. The pressure was coming from my stomach, I didn't want to go into labour, I wanted him here. I just hope my water doesn't break, these kids have to owe me something right?

I felt myself pacing, Emerald and the wretched woman, Maria staring at me. I still haven't forgiven her. How can I forgive her? My mind is going in different directions, I can't focus right now. I might be freaking out, freaking out is fine right? No I have to calm down everything is gonna be alright, everything will be fine.

One of them stomped against the ground. I snapped my head toward Maria who had a panic in her eyes. Emerald was calm almost, her face then tightening into anger. "They are here" she pointed to her ears. The alarm. Someone spotted a vampire on the premises. I glanced out the window again to see Emily and another four of her pack walking around as a patrol. They tensed up, Emily automatically barking orders. My eyes narrowed to the trees. Red. Red eyes. They were glowing. Then they began to multiply.

All across the tree line, more eyes begin to show and some of them were getting closer. There was a whole wall of them. I felt a hand pull on me, this time it was Emerald. "We have to go to the safe house, we have been up here too long" I didn't fight. She then began to rush both of us downstairs. She pulled out a wooden stake from one of the drawers handing each of us one. Maria took it in shaking. When we got to the door Emeralds head snapped up to the main door of the pack house. She mumbled something rushing us even more. They were behind the door, I could smell them.

She then shut the door behind Maria and I, leaving us out in the open. My eyes widen as she locked it, not allowing her to get in or for us to get out. "Emerald! Emerald what are you doing?" Maria banged against the door. There was a pause, Maria put her ear to the door and her eyes widen. "We can't leave you!" Maria responded. Then the scent of the vampires got closer. Maria pulled me backwards, putting the extra lock on. No. No this can't be happening. I mouthed to her to go back but she shook her head, tears in her eyes.

As quick as I could go, we went down the steps.

~
Joseph

"Jonathan your left!" He ducked down rolling and swiftly lodging the stake into the vampires chest. The battle had just begun and he already had scratches racing down his back and other limbs.

"They are too many of them. Even with Emily's pack they are overpowering us!" Not being able to shift wasn't helping. We had to fight this until the sun rises. I shook my head at his response, sprinting over at a vampire who was feeding off of one of Emily's pack. I stabbed him, making him slump to the ground. It was a blood bath. A total blood bath. Another vampire then rushed from behind me, taking me down. The stake was knocked out of my hands, scattering to the floor. I held their jaw, trying to get their fangs away from me. My claws began to form, piercing at their skin. They screeched but it was almost like it never really effected them. They continued to try and bite at my neck.

Then they went limp. They fell onto me, making me groan. I could feel blood pool from their chest. Dead? I threw them off to see our Gamma helping me up. "T-thank you"

"Don't get sloppy next time!" She then continued to help out the rest of the rouges and pack. I had to gain breathe, no point in fighting tired. I bent over, trying to gain it back. My eyes traced over to the pack house. The doors were open.

The doors were open?! Without thinking I began to sprint. No no no. Kamali. No. I almost missed the entrance. I saw Emerald, Masons mom. She was pinned to the wall with three vampires around her, one vampire dead on the floor.

Vampires have a hold of Emerald, pack house. Three of them.

Hopefully he heard me. I looked back. They were toying with her. Teasingly putting their faces near her neck and laughing. They weren't going to kill her, only torture. I don't think Jonathan was coming, I can't take three vampires by myself. My eyes widen in realization. I know what I had to do. Quiet as I could I snuck outside again, down the cellar to the dungeon. I kept searching trough the cells till I found the person I was looking for.

"Hey wake up!" The man stirred from the floor. He gave me a lazy look, his beard almost over grown. "You wanna prove yourself? Go prove yourself" I grabbed the keys opening the cell door. He was still on the ground though, giving me a dumbfounded look. I rolled my eyes, stepping back from the cell door. "Ramon is going after Emerald" he shot up from his position speeding away.