Chapter Thirteen

Kamali

"*That's not true*" his glare told all. It was the moment when you knew someone was telling the truth. Knowing him all my life his aged face told no lies. "*Does he know?*"

"No..god no"

"*Well someone has to tell him*" I got up but he still held his position, unmoving.

"He must never know. If he knows, his real father will come back and that is going to lead to another battle, maybe start a war"

"*I don't understand. Why? Why tell me this now?*"

"Because he is your mate...and you should be able to know everything about him... he should know everything about you" I stayed silent, my hands unmoving.

Please just listen to him

Syra? I thought you-

I'm not giving up that easily

I'm sorry for all I've done to you. I missed hearing your voice.

Yeah whatever

"*Daddy he killed my people, he killed so many men*"

"And you don't think your Uncle didn't kill men? You think he was an innocent man?"

"*What about Jonathan?*"

"He's just your beta. It's not like your in love with him. Last time I remembered your incapable of love"

"*I love you*"

"What you show me is pity child" I tapped my finger against the warm wooden table, sighing.  I closed my eyes, leaning against the back of the stool.

"*I don't know what to do*" I opened my eyes to watch his response. He didn't respond, his fist had clenched on top of the table, his eyes glazing over.

"Your beta is awake" my eyes widen and without another word passed I ran out.

~

I slammed open the door to the room he was in. He was already sitting up, Joseph beside him making sure he doesn't fall back. His gaze caught up to me and his face relaxed and he smiled weakly. I ran to him and embraced him. His hands wrapped around me, stroking my hair. A low rumbling, maybe he was speaking calming words.

I pulled away, my eyes starting to water up. My arms were still around his neck. "It's okay...I'm alright"

"*No your not. I'm so sorry...I-*"

"Don't be I shouldn't have had my arm around you. Didn't know he was your mate" his weak smile was still there. His hand had cupped my cheek as a grim look went over my face. My hands traced over the bandages across his torso.

"*I rejected him*" he wiped his thumb under my eyes, getting rid of the almost dripping tears.

"Well why did you do that?"

"*I..I thought you were going to die because of him*" he seemed to have sighed, his thumb still tracing over

"You shouldn't care about your Beta more than your mate" 

"*You were always there for me, you were always the one. I don't want to-*" then suddenly his hand had tilted up my face, he leaned forward, kissing me on my lips. There was nothing. No sparks of electricity, no feeling of any sort of love. It felt like I was kissing nothing.

He pulled away giving me a dumbfounded look. "Hey I can be as gay as my brother. Who knows? But what we do know is that kiss meant nothing because you didn't feel anything"

I glanced at Joseph who just gave me a shrug. He had stroked my cheek one last time until pulling away. He started to move, wincing at his movements and his brother helped. I stepped back, watching him as had laid back down, his teeth clenched.  He seemed to have cursed under his breathe, finally resting back.

"*I just-*"

"You should go find him. *Get him before you lose your chance*"

"*They won't let back onto the territory. How do I even-*"

"I may get that covered" Jospeh piped in. I tilted my head at him. "The patrols found a weak spot in the border by the lake. Jonathan and I will take over and make sure everything runs smoothly"

Please...for me..he's

She stopped.

He's what?

Please..

~

I can't believe I'm doing this. I cant just un-reject him

If he marks you the bond will come back

He's not marking me. I took a deep breathe, stepping over the border. No breeze came to greet me. I guess they can't sense me here then. I took a deep breathe, walking through the familiar area. God this place has changed. I remember being able to swim in the lake with my father when he was sober. When mom was still around. He insisted to teach me, she agreed to it.

Then after we would have a picnic, sitting under neath a shaded area. The memories made my throat burn, the burning meant I was about to cry, always. But I didn't. I kept it in because I had to find him. I kept walking through the thick forest.

I kept going until I smelled, blood. The scent was raw, very new, very strong. I decided to follow it. I turned through another tree to see a tiny clearing, shaded by the trees. Oddly there was a couch, with a mini fridge? Fairy lights had lightened up the dim area. I walked in, my hand tracing over the old couch. It smelled like him, the scent was faint but it smelled like him.

There was movement from the corner of my eye. I turned to see a girl. She looked scared. Her eyes widen as I turned toward her. She jumped a little as I took a step foreword. Her mouth then begin to move. "W-why are you here?"

I stayed silent observing her. She was young, she smelled of wolf but not wolf? Her head tilted. "I asked a question"

You don't frighten me, I mouthed to her.

"Why can't you speak?! Answer me!"

"Deaf" god my hated voice. I pointed to my ears and then her stance went defensive.

"Y-your the rouge..."

Don't run.Don't scream.  I mouthed again. But she didn't listen. Her mouth opened, maybe she really did scream. She then turned and begin to run. I rolled my eyes and began to chase.