Chapter Fourty-Two

Emily

"Mama...I'm leavi-" She was crying. Huddled in a corner by her windowsill. I rushed over, taking her hands in mine. "Mom... what's wrong?" She wiped at her tears, taking her hand out of mine.

"My eyes sting...they hurt..." I raised a brow in confusion.

"I don't understand"

"My baby...he turned into the monster... C-Caleb took over. His wolf cries for their mate to help" her voice cracked. What was this woman talking about?

"Mom-"

"He's hurting. I could feel it. Ever since he was born every pain he felt made my eyes sting. And now the pain is unbearable" she whispered.

"Mom he's fine. Mason is strong. He will never let Caleb take control"

"There's a bad feeling. He's hurting and I know it" suddenly I sensed Dad enter the room. His presence somewhat spooked her. She tried to hastily wipe away at her tears again. I felt his hand go on my shoulder, pulling me back a bit.

"We need to go" she sat still now. Staring out the window. I still had my look of concern written on my face. "She will be fine. Let's go"

"Bu-"

"Now" his voice became stern. I sighed, getting up so he would've gave to pick me up and carry me there. Something he tended to do when he didn't get his way. I began to step out of the room until heard her cries again. I turned to see father, holding her close. Stroking her hair in a soothing manner and beginning to calm her down. They spoke a few more words to each other but I didn't bother to try and listen. He then left a lingering kiss on her forehead, said his goodbye, and walked me out the door.

He shut it behind him, then began to speed walk making me run to catch up to his pace. "Are you sure she will be alright?"

"She's fine. Are the warriors ready?"

"Yes... they are waiting at the border" he then stopped. Dane stopped.

"Your doing this for the greater good. For all packs. Rouges have been an issue for generations. Somethings that are hard to do are for the best" I nodded. Not saying a word. He kept walking, I followed.

~

Kamali

"*We need to stop this war. Mason. You soon to be a Alpha was taken by a greater force. This will stop the war. Emily loves her brother. She won't toss him to the curb. When two enemies have a common enemy they can become allies*"

"We can't have you at the battlefront when they come tomorrow then. We can't risk you as well" Simone's mouth had moved, loud she spoke.

"*I can do whatever I damn please to save my mate and my pack. She won't take our proposition if I am not there*" another round of yelling across the table went on. I looked between the conversations trying to grasp the words. Nothing was making sense. I slammed my fist down onto the table, harder than expected, causing the table to dent. They all looked my way, silence engulfing them again. "*You all need to get your shit together. We are not going to die!*" they kept their silence. Then I felt footsteps from behind me. I turned, a man who smelled of the barracks, the guard barracks, ran in with just his pajamas.

"*They are here! They came and are fighting at the borders*" a sense of panic rose through the rouges around me. She broke her truth. Bastards would of coarse attack today.

I turned back to the councilmen. "*We are not backing down. We will fight. We will fight for your captured Alpha, we will fight for the heir and we will fight for your families. Now rally up your troops and lets defend or pack the way rouges do!*"

Then they were off.

~
Mason

I don't feel right. Somethings terribly wrong

Caleb had fallen asleep. Leaving Coal and I to our own prison.

Yeah we were captured. Tomorrow is the day where Emily would extinguish them.

No but now something is terribly wrong. Even though I can barely feel her, I feel...I don't know

What are you talking about?

I don't know. I feel different. I don't feel her I feel something else. Like another force or another being.

Your in your own head. Literally and figuratively.

I'm telling you we need to get control again. We need to go to her

To what? Eat her? No way

Suddenly the darkness went to light. He woke up, blinking. Someone was beside us. Gently nudging us to wake.

"Wake up little Hybrid. Today is going to be such a fun day" she had singed.

"Veronica...? What's going on?"

"We are going to play with poisons" her eyes glimmered red. He sat up in confusion. She grabbed his arm, pulling him up and leading him out the room. She took him down stairs, past the hundreds of rooms in this hotel, past the the lobby and into the grand dining room.

"It's still light outside. Why am I up so early?" She only giggled.

"Training must be done early so you can sleep when the sun rises" she giggled after that too. Her eyes then traced down. He didn't even have time to get a shirt on. Her hand then from his arm, trailed up to his shoulder and down his chest. She hummed in approval.

"W-Where is my father?"

"Hmm..? Oh...Master is attending to other...things. I will take care of you Caleb...don't worry" if I was me I would've pushed her away. Done something else. But he didn't mind. Almost as if he enjoyed the new attention. Yet the feeling he was feeling was a sense of wrongness.

Maybe he did feel regret

No I don't. Maybe I can make something work out of this

All Coal could do was growl, staying in his own corner of our mind.

She snatched her own hand away motioning to the cups on the table. "Let's see if poisons work on you"

Heard the Blaze On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara