Chapter Fifty-Six

Fair warning on touchy subjects in near future.

Kamali

I started to bang on the door. The bastard fucking locked me in here. I could sense him on the other side of the door. Why wasn't he listening to me? I'm Alpha. I'm fucking Alpha! I looked around my room for an escape, the window. I opened it looking out. I could see Mason from here. He was holding his fathers neck, saying something to his ear it looked like. I was three floors up. There was no way I'm getting down there from here. I may be angry but I'm not reckless. I slammed the window shut beginning to pace. I slid down the wall. Great.

That's when the pain started. Took a few minutes. This has been a normal thing for the past month. The pups have been over feeding causing my health to go down. The pain started it, then the weakness. Also happened more when I started to stress. It's like they felt my stress and start stressing.  I tried to take deep slow breathes but the pain spiked letting me let out a silent scream. I banged my fist on the wall behind me, trying to fight through this one. I'm going to fucking kill these kids. Soon as they get out of me they are going to die.

The door then opened. Make matters even better. It was  Masons Mom, Emerald. She had concern written on her face. It's not like I really had anything against her. Just right now was not the best time for this. I gave her a warning look but she only closed the door behind her, coming over. She offered to help me up but I declined with a shake of the head. She helped me anyway leading me to the bed. She helped me settle in, then disappeared. She came from the bathroom holding a rag in her hand. She sat next to me, going to put the rag on my forehead.

I pushed her away and she frowned. "I went through the same thing you know" she did. Once. Hesitantly she put the rag on my forehead, it kinda cooled me down. A headache was beginning to form. She saw this going back into the bathroom to get me a glass of water. For some reason I stared at her shoulder as she was walked in. Her mark...was fading. It was rare but it did happen to mates. She saw me staring and covered it up with her shirt. She gave me a sad smile.

"I'm sorry about your Uncle. What Ryder did I can't even back him up. It was out of pure evil" she looked sad.

I took her hand in mine. "*^Im sorry about your brother^*" she gulped, shifting in her seat.

"Where's your dad? I need to talk to him" I shrugged at her.

"*^Ask someone on the floor. I'm sure he's here somewhere^*" she nodded. She dropped her hand from mine, nervously adjusting her shirt. We both had a few moments in silence. I winced feeling one of them take a stab at my stomach. Fucking bastard.

"When Mason comes back they should calm down" I carefully ran a hand over the growing stomach. "Do you mind if I feel?" She was hesitant, speaking her words slowly. I thought. Then agreed. She smiled a bit, gently placing a hand over the stomach. It took a minute for them to finally kick at her hand. She smiled a bit more, pulling away. I quickly grabbed her hand.

"*^How do you know Mason makes the pain less worse?^*" I remember that. Ramon never had been there during her pregnancy. She bit her lip. Then she shook her head.

"I know because the pain was unbearable. Nature has to balance things, so for that the balance is for the father to be present"

"*^How did you deal with all that pain by yourself?^*"

She let out a breathe. It was a touchy subject I suppose. She then was talking to her wolf. I knew from the way her body tensed, how she had so many emotions without saying anything. It took a few for her to come back. "I um...well...I didn't have, R-Ramon around. So nature also has a balance to that" she paused again. "The mother will then have suicide tendencies. It's still
not a natural thing for a hybrid to be born. So I use to have these nightmares or visions rather that the thing inside me was eating me. Controlling me. So I tried to kill it" My eyes widen.

"*^How many times?^*" she shook her head.

"I lost count at three. I'm telling you because I don't want this to happen to you. I didn't want to lie"

"*^Thank you for telling me^*"

"I know you've been treated poorly in the past. Life hasn't been fair to you. Your mother...she was my best friend. She would've loved to watch you grow up. If you ever need someone I'm here" I nodded. As a mother would, she tucked me into the bed. She offered a small smile getting up as she looked at the door. I smelled the air. Mason. I was still mad at him. I laid on my side, my back facing the door. I could feel movement in the air. I didn't bother to move to see him, or acknowledged him. I did feel the door shut. Then the dip in the bed as he sat down next to me. His hand went on my shoulder, I shrugged him off. He stopped. Then continued by now laying next to me, acting as a big spoon.

He put his arm around my waist and I was already getting tired of him. I pulled him off, getting up. He made the pain less of a well...pain. I just couldn't bear to look at him, thinking he can run this pack. He suddenly appeared in front of me, both his hands on my hips. "Stop being mad at me. Please" I narrowed my eyes off of him, taking his hands off my hips and marching past him.