Chapter Fourty-Eight

A few days later...

Kamali

"Get everyone to help out. We need this place rebuilt and everyone here well" Emily was barking. There was still no sign of Ryder. No one knew where he had disappeared too. Not even Emerald knew. I couldn't feel sorry about that old man. I couldn't. As much as I wanted to rip his throat out, as much as I wanted him to suffer. I couldn't do that.

I felt someone sit next to me and I almost jumped. Then I felt his hand rest on my shoulder, I relaxed, my eyes blinking towards Joseph. He mouthed a Hey. I gave him a tight smile, staring back down at the table. He snapped his fingers in front of me, drawing my attention to him. "*Im sorry about...Alex*" I let out the breath I've been holding, leaning against my best friend. He wrapped his arms around me in an almost comforting way. He could still talk with his hands. "*Im sorry about Mason...*" I shook my head, pushing away.

"*He's not dead yet. We will find him. We have to find him*" I now watched as Emily had exited the building, helping out with some of my Rouges.

"*Kam. There's an idea going around*"

"*What?*"

"*I don't like it but...they want you to go look for him*" I rolled my eyes.

"*They expect me to find him. How?*"

"*The mate connection. Supposedly you can track him. Especially because you have his kid*" I bit my lip. It was dangerous. Doing that is risking not only my life but others as well, for all werewolf's. "*But because I know what your probably thinking. I would agree with you saying no*"

"*I want to find him though. Syra wants to. We can't Syra we really cant*"

But...

The answer is no.

"*Just listen Syra it's for the best*" Joseph remarked. I went back into leaning into his chest while he soothed me.

"I...hope he's okay..." I let out a whisper.

"*Kam don't worry about it. Right now you don't need to stress*"

"*Thats kind of impossible right now. I need him*" I already felt myself tearing up. Syra for some reason decided this was the best time to start putting images in my mind. Of him being locked up somewhere, being tortured. Being used as someone's blood bag maybe. I don't know. Someone's slave? I bit back a sob getting up and trying to get away from him. This is all to much. I can't. I can't do this anymore.

I felt Joseph snag on my arm, turning me back. I forcefully pulled his hand off of my arm, trying to wipe away the tears. "Stop. Just stop. Your going to loose your fucking mind if your alone" I felt my hands instinctively go to my stomach. Already there was the tiny, tiny bump.

"*Just leave me alone! I need to figure this out!* I turned to walk away again then bumped into someone. They caught me making me stare up at them.

"Kam? Where are you going?" Jonathan. Both of them just need to get away from me. I pushed him away as well, running past him. They both called for me. I could tell. But I kept going this time. I slammed the door to my room, locking myself in. They knocked. For an hour. Sending notes underneath. I didn't respond. I felt Syra begin to shut down. I was beginning to shut down.

I stared as the sun went down. He's somewhere out there. I'll find him. I just hope he isn't dead before I do. I was falling asleep, drifting off to my own darkness.

~

Nightmare. I found myself gasping for air. I was sweating beads of sweat. What the hell was I dreaming about? Alex...again? Maybe Mason? I gotten up walking to the bathroom, I need to relax. Maybe I did need Joseph here. It was the middle of the night, he's probably on shift. I turned on the sink, washing my face then drying it off with a towel.

I looked into the mirror almost screaming. But my mouth stayed shut. A man. Red eyes. In the mirror. But he wasn't in the room. Just in the reflection. He put a finger over his mouth, telling me to be quiet. I felt myself press against the wall, what was happening?

"Go to the woods. Mason is there"

I can hear him. I can hear him. "H-How can I...hear you.." I gasped putting a hand over my mouth. I can hear my voice. He grinned.

"Find him" then he disappeared. That can't be real. It can't. I went to my sink, grabbing he glass cup there. I knocked it against the countertop. No sound. I'm hallucinating. Officially hallucinating. I turned off the light going back into my room I laid down. I'm hallucinating. Hallucinating.

"Go" That mans voice again. I sat up in a panic. Not a dream. I'm not hallucinating. Quickly I had gotten up. I just have to stop his voice. That haunting voice. I walked out of the pack house in an instant. Back into the woods I was.

I found myself walking. And walking. And walking. My legs were about to give out. Why was I out here? Was he here? "Mason..." I couldn't hear again. Was I loud enough? The hell with it I've truly gone mad. I turned to go back but stopped in my tracks.

As did he. He stopped. His eyes widening in fear. "No Kamali. No..." he tried to back up but something was stopping him.

"Mason...wha-...er you doing?" From this distance I could see his eyes change, begin to flicker. I ran up to him. He just stood there. But I hugged him anyways, tears coming fresh again in my eyes. Hesitantly he hugged back.

It took a minute for him to back out, I still held onto his arm. "You need to run from me. Run Kamali"

I shook my head. "*^No Mason. I'm not letting you go again. Whoever it is that's behind you I will fight them. They are not hurting you again^*"

"Not them Kam. From me!" His eyes had now shifted to the red. Caleb.

"*^Caleb I'm not afraid of you. Never. ^*" he looked sad. His fangs coming out. He pulled me closer to him, holding me in a death grip. I looked at him confused. What was he doing?

"I told you to run." He snarled his fangs automatically diving into my neck. I couldn't move. The pain was unbearable. What have they made him? My hand found his cheek, stroking it gently. I don't think he even noticed while he continued to feed on me.