Chapter Nine

"Kamali! What the hell is going on?!" He caught me as I went stumbling backwards. He seemed to talk again but his lips had moved too fast. He seemed to be yelling. He looked back at me in concern, worry filling his eyes.

The pack doctor came in, her eyes widening as soon as she saw me. She said something to Jospeh, he put his arm under my legs, carrying me bridal style. I suddenly got dizzy, exhaustion over coming me. A groan had escaped my lips, telling by the rumbling feeling in my throat. He was running, a frantic look as he shoved passed people.

They got me in a room and he hurriedly put me down on the bed. The doctor said something, god I didn't pay attention, I didn't want to, the pain was burning, scratching at me. My eye lids started to shut but I felt a cold hand again my cheek. I opened my eyes again to see her looking over me.

"Who is it? Who is your mate Kamali?" My eyes widen shaking my head. "Kamali you need to tell me. Now!"

"*Mason...Mason Moon..*" and with that I past out, unable to bear the pain.

~

Mason

"Mom I'm fine..really" she was crying, hugging me tightly, her clothes rubbing up against the burns. I winced a bit as she pulled away.

"I'm sorry. Did I hurt you? I-"

"Mom just can you get me a drink, just take a deep breathe please" she nodded running out of the room. I sighed sitting up slowly. My teeth clenched looking down at my now bandaged arms. I stopped feeling a headache come on. I blinked a few times.

Which one of you are back?

Me. The burns seemed to have gotten worse, the pain the same as before. I groaned, gripping onto the bed under me.

I'm sorry..I can't control it

It's fine Caleb...how's Coal?

He didn't speak. He went- silent. My eyebrows furrowed as I leaned foreword.

Caleb?

He's not doing too good..

Why what is it? What's happening?

It's..it's Kamali, she went unconscious from the pain of us burning. She went under the same time you did. Shes still not up.

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I got up making my way to the door.

Hey where do think your going?

I need to see her, I-

You can't go back onto their territory you can't possibly go. They'll kill you fool.

I can over rule that.

Coal are you alright?

Just go, please get her...please.

I opened the door to get out and was met with my mother. "Baby where are you going?" I couldn't find words. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. "You should be back in bed, here I got you this" she held out the styraphone cup.

"Mom I can't, I have to go"

"Where are you going? Your still hurt you cant-" I held her hands.

"Mom I have a mate" from under the mask I could see her eyebrows going up, meaning her eyes had widen.

"Y-You..have a"

"Yes and I need to get to her, she's hurt, because of me. Coal is very worried and I must get to her"

"W-Well who is it then?" I rubbed circles on the back of her hand soothingly.

"I mustn't tell. It is a secret between us" she looked down but I picked her head up by the chin. "Everything will be all right. You have to trust me, please"

"We never had this conversation then. You ran out of the house before I even checked on myou. I don't know where you went" she sighed. I kissed her forehead.

"I'll be back shortly then. Thank you Mama" she nodded stepping away. I took the cup gently out of her hands, I took a sip before speeding away.

~

I looked at the boundary line. I took another sip from the cup then throwing it on the ground. I stepped over the boundary a gust of wind meeting me. It was quiet. Too quiet. I went into a sprint, going toward the main area, she has to be there. I stopped as soon as I saw the building.  I hid behind a tree hiding my scent. There were people everywhere.

I was breathing heavily. I didn't even notice until now. I leaned against the tree, watching their moves looking for an opening. Someone had passed by me and that was my shot. I sped through hopefully not being detected. I hid in the shadows and I smelled the air. Her scent, it was faint but still there. It was addicting, just her scent drives me nuts. I looked around the scent seeming to go upstairs.

Eventually as I went up it was leading to a door. I walked towards it, checking it wasn't locked. There were no voices. I opened it and stopped. She was laying there, simple short breathes, her chest rising slowly then going back down. I closed the door behind me so no one would know I'm here.

My footsteps made no noise as I neared her. Not that she could hear me anyway. I sat down on the bed, tracing my finger along her knuckles. She was cold. I gulped down the soreness in my throat, letting a breathe out.

Is she..De-

No she's just unconscious, listen to her breathes

Do you think she will be ok then?

Yes Coal..everything will be alright.

There's no need to lie to him.

Caleb I really don't want your input right now.

The girl began to stir in her sleep, my breathe seeming to stop. Her eyes had opened, gazing down at our hands. They blinked a few times before widening. She went to sit up on her elbow but her face showed hurt, a hissing sound escaping her lips.

"Whoah hey..stay down your still hurt" I went to help her but she pulled away, shaking her head. "I'm here to help just let me help"

She continued to shake her head, her eyes glazing over. She whimpered scooting back to the corner of the bed as it was set against the wall. She was talking to her wolf.

"Hey talk to me. Please let me fix this. I can make this work" she signed something making me tilt my head.

I'm sorry, that's what she said. Why did she say that?

Coal calm down she probably just-

"I-I reject you Mason Moon son of the Alpha as my mate" her voice came out soft, but yet her voice had struck me like a bullet.