Chapter Twenty-Four

I yelped in pain. That much I knew. My hind legs had then threw her off. Syra couldn't take it anymore. She had to fully submit.

I had shifted human, groaning on the floor. She had shifted as well, looking as if she was in pain. She had spit on to the floor, blood. Did I really push her that hard? Her hand had wiped across her blood filled mouth, she then spoke.

"You have a Mate? Oh this is pure gold" my eyes had widen. She didn't know. Her father never told her about. About us. Quickly I had covered the mark, she can't know. She can't. "You have three weeks to move. I'll give you that much time. If you aren't out by then. Well you know what happens"

She wiped off her mouth again, seeming as she was chuckling. "*Your wasting your time*" I had signaled weakly.

"But I have leverage against you. I will find your mate. When I do I will kill him. He will die. You have three weeks" how dare she? Rip her to shreds!

Syra..as much as I want to...she doesn't know. She doesn't know he's my mate.

She went quiet after, then Emily had started to walk away. She stepped back over the border, her guards following her. I felt the rouges come up from behind me, helping me up, making sure I wasn't seriously injured, but all I could do was think.

She doesn't know what's coming.

~
Mason

I was too anxious. What was taking so long?

"If you keep pacing I'm sure she is going to come back" I glared at Jonathan. Stopping in my tracks.

"That's what I'm going for" I said back sarcastically. I leaned against a wall, sliding down into a sitting position.

"Hey don't worry. She's gonna be alright. She is Alpha after all" I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah? Well so is my sister" I ran my hands through my face and into my hair. God I was so worried. Why the hell isn't she back yet?

"Quit your worrying, she is going to be okay"

"She is already weak as it is. This is just not going to help her" he tilted his head.

"Speaking of which...what did happen at the cabin?" Immediately I had stiffened, drawing in my breathe.

This just got very interesting

Go away.

That's to hard for him to do. He cant ever listen

Yeah I'm not some dog who listens to his masters orders

I swear if I ever get my hands on you-

Shut up!

"Mason? You alright?"

"I'm fine. Just...why don't you let your brother or Kamali do that" I sighed.

"Is there anything I should know about? Something your not telling me?" He had questioned. He shifted in his bed, wincing a little.

"No. Ask your Alpha when she comes back. It's not my place to tell yo-" I stopped mid sentence.  Why did I feel like my neck was burning? I had gotten up quickly, running to the door.

"Hey where are you going?!" He yelled after me. I didn't respond only booking it out the door. I turned a corner making my way to the entrance. Someone had grabbed at my arm, pulling me back. I recognized the man as one of the guards from the house.

"She's in trouble! Please I have to help her!" He shook his head, no. Another two guards had surrounded me, grabbing onto my arms and began to pull me back. "Did you not hear me? Your Alpha is in trouble! Let me go!" I felt my leg under neath me go limp, what the hell?

They all struggled to hold me down, pulling me back towards the room. I growled at them, snapping my fangs. Then her scent came into the room, making me stop. I turned to see her signing something, a man helping to hold her up. The men around me though, had dropped me.

Using my hybrid speed, I was next to her within a second. The man holding her, eyes had widen. He had passed her to me. I sighed in relief, checking her body for her injuries. "*^Ankle^*" she wrote. I looked down to see a bite mark there, with bruises surrounding it.

"They wouldn't let me go after you. I was so worried"

"*^Its daytime. I told them not to let you out no matter what^*" she tried to take a step foreword but had winced.

"Don't stand on that leg, I got you. I got you"

~

It was nothing more than a fractured ankle. All she needed was a days rest and her werewolf healing will do the rest. Patiently I had waited beside her, my head on her lap as she had ran her fingers through my hair. She let out her breathe, the silence was almost consuming us.

That when the man had walked in. The one who had helped her inside. My head had shot up, staring at him. He signed to Kamali and it looked like they were having a conversation. I just watched them, staring at the signs they would make. Then they stopped, the man saying something after a while then she responded quickly. He sighed, turning his attention to me.

"Not a way to meet someone for the first time but this will do. My name is Alex, I'm her Uncle" he put out his hand.

I took it shaking it. "I'm Mason, her Mate" he smiled at the words.

"Well. I don't have to give you that talk right? Break her heart I break your face?"

I shook my head. "No sir. But with all due respect I might be able to break yours before you touch me"

He chuckled. He signed something back to Kamali which had made her frown. She shook her head no. Then she sighed again. His eye brows raised in amusement.

"Well then I think we can get along just fine then" I tilted my head.

"Why? What did she say?"

"Well I said that you remind me of your father for his confidence. But then she told me your nothing like him. If your nothing like him then well, we can get along greatly" I nodded.

Who was he talking about?