Chapter Four

Cris Pratt as Mason
Mason

The theme was Masquerade. I'm being forced to go to my cousins birthday celebration. We lost contact with her when my Uncle and her left after the incident. We weren't really fond of each other then, so now it was going to be extra awkward. We can't even talk to her. She's deaf and I didn't even bother to learn sign language. Mom made me put on a grey suit, also handing me a black and white mask. White on one side black on the other with slight shapes on both sides.

The woman in front of me, tilted her head up and smiled, caressing my face. "It'll be fine my love. It won't be that bad you know?"

"She's a rouge mother. Why even try to make amends?" She frowned, her hand slipping away.

"Well family is always first dear. You haven't seen her in a while, this could maybe bring this family back together"

"Yeah right family.." I never liked the idea of family.   Not when Dad left. Yeah. Mom told me he died and then that's when she met her mate, my Dad now, Ryder. They told me when they knew I could have a mate. At age 18.

Caleb has been relatively quiet but Coal has been very energetic I guess you can call it that. He's very anxious.

"Did you hear me?" I snapped out of my thoughts, gazing back down to her.

"No I'm sorry mother Coal is just very anxious it's driving me insane"

"What about Caleb?" She tilted her head.

"Very quiet.." she hummed a bit and seemed to be staring at the ground, frozen. Maybe it was her wolf talking to her. She snapped out of it and smiled. "Is everything all right?"

She nodded. "Everything is perfect dear, now go and get your father or we will be late. I need to get your sisters" she raised a brow amusingly, grinning.

"Oh stop I told you we would never speak of that again"

"It was funny! Love you!" She then ran out. I growled, swearing under my breath. Earlier there was an incident with Sophie and her mate. Let's just say it wasn't pleasant. No they weren't doing..it..they just  were about to. I shivered at the thought.

I walked down the hallway, walking towards his office. I knocked lightly then went in as I heard him respond. 

"Hey uh. Mom said to come get you we are about ready to go" he looked up from his stacks of papers, nodding and getting up. He stretched, then adjusted his suit. "Lots of work still? Didn't you retire?"

He gave me a glare. "You know how your sister is, paper work is a thing in the past or something. We better get going before I go crazy"

I nodded in agreement, following him out of the room.

~
Kamali

Everybody was already filing in. All the rouges came. Of coarse they did. Everybody was respectively dressed nicely, for once. Normally rouges would wear raggedy clothes, torn, unfitted.

Everyone wore masks. It was the theme, the Masquerade. To hide your identity so no one can judge you. A party where everyone is the same person. That's the only thing that Joseph let me decide for this party. The theme.

I can't even tell if my so called Uncle was here yet. We were supposed to meet at midnight, in a private room on the second floor. I was gazing down from a mini balcony that was over the dance floor. Watching the people how they interacted with each other. Kind, friendly. I told all of the rouges to be kind even if a pack member came in. We haven't had a problem with them since Grandpa. I'm talking about packs.

It's not that I hate them it's just so..secure. No freedoms. Like I said before, rouges have so many more freedoms than a pack. I felt someone tap me and I turned to see a masked Jospeh.

"You should go down. It's your party after all" I nodded my head slowly, slightly sighing. I gave him a tight smile, making my way down the stair case. He followed behind me then went his different way as we reached the bottom.

Go and get a drink! Interact with people! Syra ever since this morning has been jumping around in my head. Nagging at me to hurry up and whatever.

Okay then just relax

Nope!

I rolled my eyes making my way towards the drink table. A few rouges respectively bowed their head as I bowed my head back. I went up to the bar as the bartender was still working with some other sitting there. A man that I had sat next to was glaring at me a grin on his face.

I turned my attention back to the bartender trying to ignore this man. When the bartender did come over he asked what I wanted. I went to reply but the man next to me mumbled something to him. I shook my head pointing to the soda machine.

The bartender nodded and my gaze went to the man. "What's wrong pretty lady..d-don't like a bit of alcohol?" He slurred, coming closer to me. I scooted away from him in my seat. My eyes widened feeling his hand go on my thigh. "Cat got your tongue or are you speechless I'm here.." he grinned again, his hand trailing up. I don't even know what happened after. I jumped back as another man came into view punching the pervert right in the face. He flew back in his seat, groaning.

The man in the grey then said something I couldn't hear. The perve then ran away fear struck in his eyes. The man in the grey suit then said something else as everyone stared at him. They went back to their own conversations, avoiding their gaze with him. He then turned to me and my breathe seemed to stop.

"Hey are you okay?" I blinked a few ones as he held out his hand to help me up. I grabbed it nodding and froze as soon as I got up. Tingles. Sparks erupted in my hand.

"Mate"