Chapter Fifty-Nine

Jace

I saw Maria and Kamali running down the steps in a panic. I sped walked over to them, Kamali falling into my arms sobbing.

"What's happened?"

"They got Emerald! She pushed us through the door" Maria spoke. My grip on Kamali tightened. She then pushed off of me, holding a hand over her mouth. It looked like she was going to hurl. Quickly I grabbed one of the trash bins leaning her over it. She then began to spill her guts into it.

"You can't make her run. She gets dizzy. If you all would've came down earlier none of this would be happening right now!" I yelled back at Maria. I held back Kamali's hair, why is this happening? First my mate, my brother and now my sister. Damn Moon goddess , why do you cause me so much pain?

She finished pulling herself away from my grip and wiping her mouth. She was still crying. I whistled, motioning for one of the nurses to come over. She went to her Alphas side, leading her to the temporary hospital set up here. Kamali tried to pull away from her. I went over.

"*Stop being stubborn and go*"

"*I can't believe it has to come down to this. Daddy I'm scared*"

"*I know. I'll handle it. Everyone is going to be fine*" she stumbled a bit, the nurse holding onto her.

This is a nightmare. A complete nightmare. We could still hear the battle going on upstairs. Everyone here had to be quiet so they couldn't hear us. The screams were haunting. Suddenly a noise from down here. Running. Steps. It was Alexa, she ran into her mothers arms. Her mother comforted her, running a hand down her hair.

Jace I'm fine. Tell that to Maria and Kamali

I felt myself sigh in relief at Emeralds voice in my head.

What is happening up there? How did you get free?

She paused. They let Ryder out, he's on a rampage

I went to comment but I could care less. The bastard is paying for what he's done. I could care less if he came out in the end.  I didn't tell her that though. I left it as it was, walking towards the hospital.

~
Mason

"Vickie there's no more you can let go of her now" Caleb tried to rip Amelia's vampire off of the already dead corpse. She kept trying to feed, ripping away the skin. He finally got enough power picking her up by the back of her neck.

"Get off! I'm hungry!"

"You can't eat skin. Skin is gross" his nose wrinkled. She slumped stomping her foot on the ground.  She glared at him only making him sigh. "You will learn don't worry"

"I don't wanna be like this. I never knew what you went through. To think that we were alike back then...I was wrong" he frowned at her.

I don't like where she is going with this

It's a regret. It's not her fault she turned.

It's mine isn't it...I knew she was going to be bait.

You what?

Coal don't, he didn't know better

To hell he didn't know better. Using a child as bait. What are you thinking?

Would you rather it be Kamali. Or our mother. Maybe Sophie? Hm?

Amelia is a child who couldn't defend herself. Now she is something she doesn't want to be

Quit it both of you. Coal go back to sleep

Fucking bullshit...then he cut himself out. Keep your energy, we need you if things go wrong. 

Caleb was agitated. Just starting at her made him agitated. "Come on. We were alike. We were always outcast" he got down to her height, sighing. "Remember what I told you? What I've always told you?" Her eyes shifted.

"Everyone is here for a reason..." she then kicked at the dirt, looking away from the corpse. Caleb allowed me to take over.

"That's right. You just gotta find out your purpose" she chuckled, tears forming in her eyes.

"Don't worry Masy I got my whole life to do that now" She then broke down. She almost crumpled to the floor. I caught her, bringing her close to my chest. I smoothed her hair down, trying to tell her to be quiet. I looked down the alley to see someone walking down.

"Shit Amelia we have to go" she picked up her head looking in the direction then glanced at the body.

"We are blocked in" she whispered. She hastily then began to try and wipe the blood off her mouth. The man came closer, pulling out a smoke to light it. He was about to when he saw the body.

"Hello? You folks okay?" From his view he couldn't see the blood, a dumpster was blocking his view, he probably only noticed a person on the ground, not the blood.

"My daughter and I were on our way home. Come now Amelia" I held her close, giving a gentle smile to the stranger and walking with her. We walked passed him, hurrying quickly to get out.

I could hear him walk towards the body. This is not going to end well. Caleb took over, hearing the man from across the alley way mutter a curse and pulling out his cellphone.

"Now Amelia, when you get noticed, you have to do some cleanup. Watch and learn" she just stared at the ground, while I sped towards the man biting down into his neck.