Chapter Fifty-Four

Mason

She ran away from Joseph, tears in her eyes. I began to walk through the crowd, apologizing as I bumped into a few people. I had past Joseph, not even bothering to give him a second glance. I rushed to our room, knowing that's where she was going. Maria and her daughter were looking as if they were escaping.

Both smelling like fear. They must've gotten kicked out. The door was locked as soon as I tried to open it. I let out a low growl, Coal was not happy.

Of coarse I'm not happy. I bet you that bastard Joseph said something to her.

No he didn't.

Maybe if someone didn't get her pregnant,her hormones wouldn't be all over the place

You can't blame him for that. It takes two to tango.

With as much force I could I knocked on the door. She won't hear me knock, she'll feel the vibrations. I waited a bit. I put my ear to the door, hearing her pace. I knocked again, hearing her stop. She came near the door, leaning against it. How do I get her to respond to me? I let out a breathe. Hesitantly I began to tap on the door. Tap tap tap tap tap....tap tap. She tapped back, twice. I rattled the door knob, trying to tell her I want in. She banged her fist against the door, I'm guessing that's a no. I sighed, extending my nail into a claw and picking the door. I opened it, slowly opening it. She was at the other side of the room now.

Slowly I walked towards her, hearing her light cries. I went to wrap my arms around her waist, she pushed me away, starting to walk away. We didn't even need words. She wanted to get away. She knew I wasn't gonna have her walk away like that. I stared at her back, waiting for her to turn around. Then she did, her eyes puffy, tears still streaming down her face. I motioned for her to come over but she stayed put, stubborn as ever. So I made my move foreword, backing her into a wall. "What's the matter? Please...talk to me"

She shook her head again. I could feel her emotions going all over the place. I blocked that part out of my mind, my hand going up to her mark to calm her down. I wiped away at her tears. "I know this day is going to be very hard for you...I know it is. I just need you to relax for me. Okay I'm my love?" She nodded letting out shaky breathes. "Now the ceremony is starting soon. We should go. Amelia is taken care of, so now it's just your time" she nodded again, pulling me into a hug.

It took a few minutes until she broke away, wiping at her now dripping mascara. "Here...go in the bathroom, wipe your face off. I'll be right outside the door okay?" She nodded. But I felt her emotions turn. Turn from sadness to...nothing. Like a switch went off. She shut the bathroom door behind her, almost slamming it. I walked over to the mirror. She couldn't hear us.

"What the hell was that?"

"I have no idea...somethings not right" Coal seemed to be confused. Caleb on the other hand was leaning up against the glass, looking board out of his mind.

"Nothing is wrong. I'm assuming it's the two devils eating away at her blood that are making her a little dramatic" I rolled my eyes at his wordage. Coal then straightened up. Both Caleb and I glanced at him.

"I don't like it...not at all. I can't contact Syra."

"You haven't been able to for months...not ever since she got pregnant"

"No this is different. I used to at least feel her. Sense her. I can't anymore"

"I'm sure that's normal. You guys have to remember that Hybrids aren't supposed to be a thing. It goes by natures rules"

The door opened from behind me. Both of them disappeared within an instant. She had washed her face off completely. Her hands were resting on her stomach, softly going over it. I led her out of her room. I still couldn't feel anything, not any emotion from her.

~

The ceremony was a typical funeral. Everyone talked about Alex. How great his life was, how he left a line behind him, his daughter. They talked about how he raised Kamali. How he was almost everyone's guardian. He had such an impact on this pack. Everyone mourned for his lost. Jace was holding onto his daughter, who still had no emotion coming from her.

He was rubbing soft circles, up and down her spine. He didn't let her out of his sight the entire time. Kept her within arms reached. Even at the after 'party', she still stood near him. Both of hem were comforting each other.

Who has eyes on Amelia? I contacted on some guards still stationed at the prison.

Me and Andrew sir. She's fine. She's curled up in a corner.

Okay thank you. I felt someone touch my arm. I turned to see Kamali. Guess I must've zoned out completely. She mouthed 'Are you okay?'

"Yes I'm fine. How are you doing?" She shrugged. I still couldn't feel her. She mouthed 'okay I guess'. I nodded at her response. "Where did your dad go?" I couldn't see him in the crowd. She shrugged again. "Oh okay. If your wondering...everything is fine with-" I stopped. A voice cutting me off.

Alpha. Pack members are at the front of the pack house.

It's fine. Derek they are siding with us remember?

Alpha it's your mother and Alpha Moon. My eyes widen. Kamali gave me a confused look.

"M-my mom and Ryder are at the pack house" her eyes widen as well. Then I could feel her emotion again. It turned into rage.