Chapter Sixty-Four

Kamali

I let out a silent scream feeling the excruciating, burning pain, burning at my skin. Gently I placed both of the screaming babies on the ground. I know they could feel it too. My poor babies. Syra tried to get me up, but she too felt that pain. She couldn't move either. Then the pain stopped. I took a minute to get up again. I took a hold on their blankets again, carrying them to find someone. Anyone. I had to walk upstairs, into the main area.

Gently again I laid them down. Then someone came speeding over to me. Joseph. He had panic in his eyes. He lightly brushed over my fur to get me to calm down. Now I know they are safe. Now I need to get to Mason. I have to find Mason. I sniffed the air, I could only locate his scent. That's the only one I needed. Joseph didn't stop me. I limped away, I shifted human to get rid of the strain of being in wolf form.

He was by the door. The doors shut behind him to block out the sun. He was on his back, I could hear his cries from here. I rushed over, Emily, Jonathan and my dad were standing over him. Painfully I slid to my knees looking over his wounds. He was burnt, burnt bad. All of his arm was completely scarred and the bottom of his chin. Under his clothes he probably had burns marks as well. I stifled a cry, watching his chest begin to slow form it's up and down motion. His breathe was faltering. His closed eyes then blinked open feeling my touch on his cheek. He blinked slowly at me his eyes turning yellow then red, then orange then red then yellow and so on.

I mouthed relax to him. He was trying to say something, but he was mumbling. I couldn't understand him.

I shook my head at him pointing to my ears. He lightly smiled at me as he tried to chuckle. His other hand then came up, moving over my mark and then wiping away my tears. The his hand came back down. He pointed to himself, then as he struggled his arms crossed his chest then pointed to me. Tears came pouring out again. He signed to me. He signed to me. I repeated the action back wiping at my tears. Then his eyes closed again.

And he went under.

~
"*Who lived?*"

"Not many. But we made it. We won"

"*Are we sure he died this time?*"

"Yea I stabbed him. Then his body turned to ash with the sun. He suffered in his last moments if that's what your wondering?" Jonathan watched as more vampires were carried to the pile. I didn't respond to the last remark. "Kam I got this if you need to take a break. You just gave birth" maybe he noticed how tense I was.

"*No. I'm fine. I just need to help my people*"

"Kam. Go back to your mate. Both of you need the rest. Especially after all the deaths and the hurt and the pain you need to rest. I got this"

"*What about you then?*" I glanced at all his patched up wounds. He shrugged.

"I'm fine. Just go to your mate and kids, in sure the little devils are driving him nuts already and he's still sleeping" I nodded. I'm not arguing with him.

When I got there, I tried to ever so quietly go into the room. Guess he must've sensed me. He head popped up and I shook my head. He got the message and slumped back down. I went over to the bassinets. Good they are both sleeping. I then walked towards him, laying next to him on the bed. He still was scarred. He was healing, healing ever so slowly.

My hand hesitantly brushed his hair out of his face, I just ran my fingers through it. He seemed to hum. Maybe. "You did so good today babe. So good" I just about caught onto his words.

"*^How did you know to come back?^*" I wrote extra carefully.

"Both Caleb and Coal took over. They knew you were in trouble. When they came together they were able to resist the urges of the blood moon"

"*^Amelia?^*" then he went silent. He went into deep thought. His eyes glazing over. I waited a bit, just be patient Kamali.

"I don't know. She suppose the come back tonight I think. She can handle herself" I nodded. His bandaged arm then went around my torso pulling me into his body lightly. I leaned into his touch, frowning at his bandaids. "They will heal don't worry"

"*^You've gone through so much pain. So much to fight that man^*"

"I did it for you. I'll burn like a piece of paper any day for"

"*^You had to know you damaged him enough for someone else to take him on, no?^*" he shook his head.

"I had to make sure he died, while I held him in my hands. He got the upper hand on me anyway if it wasn't for Jonathan...I don't think I would be here" I bit my lip. Jonathan didn't tell me that. He then for some reason groaned pulling away from me. "*Crying*" he signed to me again. All I could do was smile and then get up to walk over to the kids again. It was both of them beginning to fuss. Maybe they are hungry?

I picked up the boy beginning to rock his gently to get him to calm down. I waved to get Masons attention. I then mouthed food. "Oh right. They drink blood but newborns normally get animal blood to start with" my mouth formed in a O. He tried to get up to help, yet I just told him to stay down again. I put the kids right next to him, beginning to walk out. He pulled at my hand bringing me close to him and kissing my lips.