Chapter Seventeen

He handed me a pad and a pen. Then I went to work as I began to finish up my food. "*^Why did you hurt me?^*"

"I-I'm sorry... that was Caleb. My-my vampire side" I gulped, staring at him cautiously. "No don't get me wrong. I don't like it when he comes out. It's like I'm not the same person I was"

"*^Can you control him at all?^*" he stared at my writing then seemed to sigh.

"Sometimes. He doesn't like coming out in the day but if he has to he will"

"*^Has he always been that powerful?^*" he shook his head, no. "*^What changed?^*"

"I-I don't know exactly" his fingers ran frustratedly through his tasseled hair. My eyes narrowed at him, he knew something, he's keeping something from me. But he won't say it. I know this. So I continued on.

"*^Will you let me go? Back to my pack?^*" his eyes then turned sad.

"No I don't think I can do that" I tilted my head as in asking why. "I can't go back onto pack grounds remember"

"*^You don't have to go, just let me go^*"

"Well that's another problem I don't think I can let you out of my sight" my eyes just narrowed. Who does he think he is? He saw my movements, immediately standing up.

"Uh Listen I know your going to be really mad when I tell you this...I'm sorry it had to happen this way. Just know I really care-" he stopped once he saw me hold up the pad in which I wrote on.

"*^What did you do?^*" he started to pace after reading it. He then ran out of the room. It took maybe a minute till he came back, a mirror in hand.

"Please don't freak out or try to leave, please don't" he put the mirror in front of me so I would face myself. I looked drained. My face seemed to have sunked in, like my soul was drained out of me. I was dangerously pale, but that was just looking at my face. My eyes started to trail down, to my neck. I stopped. My breathe catching my throat.

There was a mark, on the left of my throat where he bit me last night. The wound there was cleaned up, leaving two holes of where his fangs had dug in. Then around it was a wolf, seeming to be walking, looking into an open nothingness. Then his fingers came up, touching the mark he made on me. Thousands of shocks, plagued my body, making me releasing a tiny groan. He pulled back as if he touched fire, his eyes widening at the reaction.

"I'm sorry! Oh god I'm so sorry-" then he kept rambling off, begging me for forgiveness. He kept begging, getting on his knees, holding my hand at the edge of the bed. I couldn't move. I just stared at his moving lips, reading his words as they hit me. His head bent down, his cold forehead resting on my hand. He was shaking, his shoulders bouncing up and down, he was sobbing. The vibrations in the room telling me he was still speaking. He kept begging. Begging.

My chest seemed to pang with hurt. Mate sad for something he couldn't control. She took over, her hand reaching out and running her fingers through his hair. He stopped shaking. He stopped for a moment. My fingers kept going through his hair, almost calming him. He then looked up, his eyes blood shot. He cried. Wet tears were still on his face. My other hand weakly came across, wiping them away from his cheeks. He leaned into my touch, closing his sore eyes. His hand came up, holding onto my wrist, the ting prickles of pleasure following.

He then opened them again. Staring, no boring into my eyes. "Why aren't you leaving me? Why aren't you ending the bond..again?" My hand slid out of his grip, going over and grabbing the pad and pen.

"*^I learned your past...knowing your not as understood. I didn't want this in the first place, then I was taught, taught what having a mate was and what it meant. I was naive and I'm sorry^*" he re-read the scribble of words I had put down. He kept reading it, almost looking at it, as if he was dreaming.

"You don't know anything about me. You don't know what my past is" his lips quivering, I barely caught onto his words.

"*^I know who your dad is. That's why you are what you are^*" he went to say something again but then stopped. His eyes went wild, searching around the room. He got up from his knees, backing up slowly, his eyes still, Searching. "*^WHATS WRONG?^*" I wrote in big letters so he can see from across the room.

"You need to hide, now"

~
Mason

"*^What?^*" she wrote again, but the noise just got louder and louder. He was coming. He can't know about her. I was rejected. That's all he has to know.

"He's coming. You need to hide, get under the bed!" He was at the door. "Hide your scent" she wasn't moving fast enough. She was still weak from before. I had grabbed her, then gently placing her on the floor. I heard a knock one more time, he then called my name.  I made sure she was hidden, I had made sure. I then sped to the door.

I opened it immediately to see him standing there. "Hello son"

"Father What uh...what brings you here?" I gulped, leaning against the opened door. He stepped inside and I just watched him. He looked around, smelling the air.

"You've been quiet lately. Did you eat someone?"

"I-I had a traveler who was lost, but why ask?"

"Your thoughts have been clouded and not easy to read. It's weird not knowing what your thinking" he said kinda shakily. "Traveler you say? Never thought that would be your first, true bite"

"G-guess I was peckish" he then looked over from his shoulder.

"Don't lie to me boy" my expression dropped. He turned fully around, staring at me. How did he know she was here? How- "You took a bite out of your mother. Shame on you" I sighed in relief my tension dropping. His head tilted.

"Did the bitch finally admit to her sins? About running away with my brother when she found out what I was?" I stopped, my teeth gritting.

"She didn't exactly admit to her deeds father. Your brother tried to ignore it but Caleb took over and finished what he came there to do" my attention then turned to the door to the bedroom, seeing it was open? She was here, in the living room.

"Hm is that so. I might even pay him a visit. The vampire community hasn't been exactly what you call, happy with what these werewolf's have been doing"

"What do you mean?" He then sat down on the couch, putting his feet up.

"What's that means is, the vampires are done hiding in the werewolf's shadows. We are looking for an uprising to finally end their reign in power"