Chapter Twenty-Two

Kamali

I put him in my room. He didn't burst he didn't do anything. He just sat there, staring at the ground, his eyes in a frozen panic. Every now and then his eyes would go red then back to yellow. He was at war with his vampire and his werewolf.

I wish we could help him..

Syra was begging to do something. She wanted to help him, hold him, tell him everything Is okay. But he told us to stay away or else he would hurt us again. It wasn't a threat, it was a promise. So I had sat at some distance away, on a chair across from him. He was on my bed, his fingers would clutch the bed sheets underneath him.

We can't, he will win the war against himself then it will be safe to approach him

Do you think so? I wish I could just help him now. His wolf is in trouble. He needs-

Don't fight his own war Syra. Your can't even hear them. That vampire inside him will try to take you over as well.

But-

The answer is no. Please stay put for me. Please

I heard her sigh then the mind link was cut off from her. My frown had deepened as I snapped out of my thoughts. He wasn't looking at ground anymore though. He was looking at me. His eyes didn't hold the panic, they held guilt. Maybe... slowly I raised out of the chair I was in, cautiously stalking my way over to people phim.

"No don't. Please stay away" I let out a breathe, continuing to walk towards him. Then his eyes went back to same panic making me stop. Kept switching the colors. I sat on the spot, my legs crossing as I just stared at him. "I'm sorry...god I did something bad. Something really really bad" his body couldn't make up its mind.

I stood up again, walking even quicker toward him. "No..stop. Don't come any closer" I felt like in a way I was listening to his dark side. Listening to the little hints that all he wanted to do was hurt me. But I knew his wolf was still in there. He couldn't hurt me. "No stop" that's when I stood directly in front of him. I had reached out for his hand, gliding my hand into his, intertwining the fingers.

"*^See? Not that bad^*"

"Except for the craving I have to rip your heart out and to suck you dry. Make it like your breathing in sand, as your lungs become dry, trying to get the air they need" his eyes had become pure red, pure vampire.

"*^Why do you hate me so much?^*" I wrote, my eyebrows furrowing.

"It's not that I hate you. Hate is a strong word. I just crave you that's all" he had smirked, his fangs clearly showing. I gulped.

"*^Then why hurt your own mother? Why go after her? Do you crave her?^*" he seemed to have chuckled from the way his shoulders had moved.

"Because. That woman betrayed me. She never wanted to have me. I know this now. Thank you for the clarification"

My eyes narrowed. "*^Thats not right. She was raped, against her will by the monster you call father. At least she didn't toss you to the curb^*"

"If she did that she would've died. Do you not know what a vampirish child could do to its mother?" The monster inside him had grinned at me again.

"*^I thought vampires couldn't have children because their well...dead^*"

"We are a hybrid love. As long as the mother is alive with her heart beating, well anything is possible" I shivered reading his lips. He closed his eyes. Then had blinked them back open to reveal Mason. His eyes filled with fear.

"It's okay. I put him away. Your safer" he said quickly.

"*^Mason I know none of you will hurt me. Coal, Caleb or you. I'm not afraid of the monster or beast^*"

"You should be. Why aren't you?"

"*^ Two things. Your my mate. And the last thing^*" I had paused staring at his expression before continuing. "*^Im Alpha^*"

~

"*Training is the same way?*"

"No actually they have been buffed up. With a hybrid in the premises it's best to be taking precautions. Especially if his real father comes back" he seemed stressed. Joseph had ran a hand though his already messy hair. "*No offense*" my eyes narrowed.

"*None taken*" I stared at the juniors, all of them clearly tired as they attempted to spar against each other. "*Give me reports then*"

"Well...most of the Senior class is exceeding in their field. But only a few have mastered sign language that will allow them into guard work. The juniors are being the juniors, just like last year. But whatever. Sophomores are in that weird stage as always but a lot of them have already mastered sign language. And Freshman's just got a slap into reality"

I nodded. "*Increase language classes in senior and junior classes. Also increase training in freshman and junior class. Let the sophomores be sophomores. Do we have any late shifters?"

"No not yet. You've only been gone from some duties for like a week"

"*It feels like eternity. How's my dad?*" he shrugged.

"Hanging in there"

"*Hows your brother?*" he stopped. He looked down at his feet, kicking at a rock.

"He can barely move. His wound keeps opening up. He says he's fine but we know he's not going to recover anytime soon" his hands went to his pocket.

"*He's still in the same room?*" he bit his lip and nodded."*Well Cmon then*"

~
I knocked before entering. He stared up at the door, his bandages still had dried up blood on them. His angered expression turned soft as he saw it was me.

"*Hey how are you doing?*"

"I'm hanging in there" he then motioned for me to sit next to him. I did and his hand had held mine. "How's the boyfriend?" He raised a brow and I had felt my heels go red.

"*Good.He's fine, wait. w-what are you doing*" his other hand was tracing over the top of my shirt. He pulled it down a bit to reveal the mark.

"It's beautiful. He did a good job" his fingers then had went over the mark making my eyes widen. There was a stinging sensation that was left there making me wince.

"*H-hey! Are you crazy?*" he shrugged.

"Maybe. What am I not allowed to want to meet him?" I then felt someone pick me up off the bed setting my feet on the ground as their arms were wrapped around my waist.

"But I think we've already met. Sorry about that" I then relaxed feeling the tiny sparks that admitted from wherever we touched. "Also sorry about the guards. They will wake up soon my love"