Chapter Fourty-Four

Joseph shifted to his wolf as well. Both of the boys surrounded me, my dad holding onto me. He couldn't shift, let alone fight wolves like he used to. I had no other choice. I had to shift as well.  This meaning I had to let my scent go.

Another thing I feared about shifting wolf. I wasn't able to communicate clearly to others. I couldn't mind link. I couldn't do anything. So I watched as multiple wolves tackled Joseph from behind. Using my speed I ran over assisting him in throwing the wolves off of him. He began to run away, a limp to his step.

Syra I need some help. Protect our baby

With pleasure she added a growl to her speech. She held her ground to another four pack wolves. They almost hesitated. Did they smell me? Did they smell that I'm with child? One of their eyes glazed over. Contacting their alpha. What would they do? Then its eyes turned back to normal, approaching me even more.

One of them jumped at me but was immediately taken down. Jonathan was now prowling over the wolf, trying to snap at its neck. Two more. Joseph was back at my side. I glanced at his leg. He's hurt. But he can manage. Both the pack wolves and us attacked, snapping at each other. I tackled the wolf, trying to keep him alive. The more alive the more we are on Emily's side. So I knocked him out, not fully killing him. Joesph got the message doing the same. I stared at Joesph. He was tying to tell me something. What was he trying to tell me? He then pawed at the dirt beneath us, writing a word with his paw.

"*^Dad^*" my eyes widen as I turned. Where was he? I sprinted towards his scent, Joseph in tow. I stopped in my tracks, bowing my head and barking at him.

Stay here Joseph. Stay.

Please get the message. I drew a line in the dirt, I went to the other side of the line and made him stop. He nodded, going off to help his brother. He stopped to howl, I can tell that. More rouges.

Syra take over

She did on command, taking control of the wolf and sprinting towards the forest. She followed my fathers scent. Then she smelled...Ryder? She ran even faster than before, she had to find him. And she did. Ryder and him, both in their human forms, Ryder giving him a last blow before he fell to the ground. She ran towards him, sniffing his body. He was still alive. She nudged at him to get up, I believe whining softly. He tried to raise his hand but fell back down in pain, his face tightening.

Then I sensed someone right in front of me. I dodged the kick I was about the receive. I snapped back at him, barely scraping him. He kicked his foot up, earning me a sickening crunch to my rib cage. Syra stumbled a bit, trying to get back to dad. Ryder picked him up by the hair, his nails turning into his claws, holding it up against his neck.

"Shift" I had to listen to him. Syra we have to listen to him.

She didn't like being the submissive one. But we had to. She shifted, giving me control. I still had my clothes on shockingly. All I could do was narrow my eyes at him. The damn bastard.

"*Let him go. Or my Rouges will rip you to shreds*"

"What this drunken bastard? Him? What's so special about him?" I gritted my teeth.

"*Ryder what are you doing? Why are you doing this? We both have a greater enemy. It's not us*"

"Lies. Rouges have done more and more damage to especially my pack."

"*Does it matter what's been done in the past? Twenty something years ago?*"

"You still haven't learned yet...Alpha. The past leads to the future. History repeats itself and I want to make sure It never does"

"*God fucking damn! I'm pregnant with your grandchild! Yours! And you still want to wipe us out. The vampires will come back. We have to stick together! We can't let them take control of the werewolf race*"

"I rather take them alone. All you rouges will do is eat up our recourses and kill us all when you have the chance. Isn't that right Jace?" He gripped onto his hair tighter, whipping his head foreword. He was breathing heavily. The way his chest rose and fell.

"I-I didn't kill my mate...I would never" his face matched mine, sadness.

"Liar" his claws dug into his neck a little bit more, making my dad wince.

"*Stop it! Why would he kill her? For what gain?*"

"Your grandfather Kamali has done some not so good things. He's an exact replica don't you think" with age they did look exactly the same. Exactly. I stared behind Ryder to see another wolf. Alex. How much strength did it take for him to shift? I averted my gaze. Get my father away. Thats all I have to do.

"*Ryder. Stop being stuck in the past. Your son was taken. By them. By the enemy. Don't you understand?*" he flinched a bit. Almost flinched a bit. Then the burning pain on my shoulder increased. I couldn't handle how weak I was. I fell to my knees, letting out a silent scream. It was now or never.

"Now..." weak but he heard. He tackled Ryder, sending my father flying foreword. Weakly I crawled over to him, dragging him and leaning him up against a tree.

"Kam...I have to...t-tell you something..."

"*You didn't kill her okay? Now stay here*" I assured him but when I turned it was too late. Ryder was already overpowering my uncle. Pinning him down to the ground. One next move. The fatal blow. He bit down on Alex's neck. I screamed. That much I knew. I didn't care if Ryder was there, or if I was maybe surrounded by his pack. I ran to Alex's side, watching as he shifted human. Blood pouring out his bitten neck.

My hands went around the bite, tying to keep the blood from pouring out. He only put his hand on mine, lightly pushing away and shaking his head. "T-Tell my daughter...tell Maria...I love them both...and...I forgive-" he coughed up more blood. "Her..." his bloodied hand cupped my cheek, then fell to the earth.

Those words took up his last breathe, ending him.