Chapter Twenty-Three

He slightly kissed the mark on my shoulder making me hold my breathe. From the corner of my eye I saw him grin at the effect he had on me.

"So that's what love is?" I leaned back into him, then had sighed

"*I guess that's what you can call it*" he had smiled lightly at my answer.

"Let me guess. *He doesn't understand sign language*" I nodded. "*Watch how mature I am. You break  her heart I will break you face in beating you to the pulp*" I giggled a little bit feeling Masons grip on me become more secure.

"What did he say?" He had asked, I shook my head sighing.

"*No seriously I will*" I smiled a bit. Sending an okay back. Then his smile broke a frown on his face. His eyes had glazed over. My head had tilted as soon as his eyes went to normal, being replaced with fear.

"Alpha Emily Moon is at the border demanding to see the real Alpha in charge" my teeth gritted. I also felt Mason stiffen, his emotions of pure sadness.

"*What could she possibly want now?!*" all Jonathan did was shrug. A rumbling in my chest admitted meaning that I had growled. I shook my head, getting out of Masons grip then turning to Joseph. "*Gather a group of warriors. Have Alex accompany as well. We need as much Alpha blood as we can get*" I turned, making my way to the door but someone had grabbed my forearm making me turn towards him.

He paused before speaking. "Please. Don't do anything stupid. She-she is still my sister. Please don't hurt her" I felt bad. He made me feel guilty. Guilty because I couldn't promise anything, I couldn't.

It's not like he could leave to stop me either. It was day. Day time outside. He would burn up. So with that I turned away from him, leaving him with Jonathan.

~

"Hey kiddo I would think you should cover that" Alex had pointed to the mark. I adjusted my shirt so the mark had disappeared. I kept going, pushing pass some of the tree branches to get to the border. Finally we had made it to see a fuming Emily surrounded by some of her guard.

"Finally. We need to talk, and I wish to do it peacefully" she put her hands on her hips. "Meaning I want your guard gone" my eyes narrowed at her.

"*I hope this isn't a one way thing. I say your warriors are to take their leave as well*" her eyes narrowed as well. Her eyes rolled as she snapped her fingers. Her warriors dispersed. I turned nodding to Alex who had then dispersed my warriors.

"Now that we have some privacy I have some questions for you"

"*Is this what you wanted me here for? A trivia game?*"

"It's much more than that. Where's my brother? Last time I checked he ran off with you" I stopped. Let's see how I can phrase this.

"*He brought me back to my pack. Then had left with a man*" her eyes flared.

"W-what man? What was his first name?"

I hit a nerve. I hid my grin. "*I don't know of his name only that they smelled alike*" her shoulders rolled in annoyance and frustration. "*But that's not the real reason your here..is it?*"

Her teeth gritted, her arms crossing. "We need the rouges to move west. Far west"

"*What do you mean move? The rouges have done nothing to your precious pack*"

"Well with my brother on the loose the rouges need to be...how do I say this?"

"*Gone. Diminished. Destroyed. No way. We have our territory. If we move West we will have rebuild from nothing, our land will become smaller and we are already over populated as it is*"

"And how is that my problem? It's either you move or I can take this issue into my own hands with force" she had spat.

"*I don't think you have the guts to take this forcefully. You know how I run this pack. These rouges. Force is not a problem but for soft hearted,privileged pack members they might hesitate before ripping one of my warriors head off*"

She then grinned. "Your wrong. Because everyone turns vulnerable once their leader is dead. Then they won't be the savages they are without you" I felt my claws start to come up,my canines following. She then jumped me, no warning. We went tumbling to the ground, but I had stayed on top, slashing at her. She dodged, throwing me off.

I skidded onto my feet, dodging her as she attacked with her fully extended claws. One of her claws then had snatched at my shirt, creating a big gash there. A growl erupted through me as I had shifted to wolf.

Syra let's deal with this bitch.

But this is Masons sister, he would never forgive us

Hey let's just let her kill us. Won't Mason love us then?

Syra went quiet then. Heart broken.

She had shifted to her wolf as well, as we both had just circled each other. She had attacked first. Going for my legs. I dodged then had bit down on her trail. She must've yelped as she had jumped turning to face me. She just kept on attacking. I tried playing defense, but with everyone of her attacks I grew tired.

She must've saw this. She stopped gathering her strength. She had then used all of her power to knock me down on my back. Making me loose my breathe. She then seemed to have grinned as she bit into my neck.