Chapter Thirty-Six

Jace

"A few weeks ago. Alpha Emily Moon had announced the start of a war. She gave us three weeks to pack up and move farther west. But the rouge population is way over stocked to pack up and move. The west is far to small area for us to inhabit"

"We know of this already Jace. Get to the point we are very busy men" the head of the werewolf council, motioned to the game of Black Jack. They finished another round, putting all the cards back in the deck to deal out again. I gritted my teeth, staring at the game of twenties flashing across the table. I looked up at Alex who shrugged, both of us taking a seat at the table.

"Deal us in then, I'll help your 'busy stage' move along" Marcus had smirked in my direction. He was playing as the dealer. Two other men were playing with Alex and I. Another man was by the door, puffing on a cigar. There's supposed to be another one, where is he.

"So you guys have immortality and you decide to use your time drinking and playing gambling games" Alex retorted. Marcus dealt out the cards, I put the king face up.

"We have something in common then Jace, aside from the immortality part" he directed it back to me. My eyes narrowed.

"Hit me" Marcus threw a card in my direction and I left it face down. Alex mumbled a hit as well, a card being thrown at him as well. These old fuckers have been around for forever. Marcus was the most recent addition to the council, he looked around my age, immortality gave him that.

"Councilmen Vince. I only have a law that you need to past. There is no need for the hostility" he grabbed another card as of the other man as well. The other man at the table was Councilmen Jessup.

"He would rather be hostile towards you. Your a rouge. An outcast. Your here represent your daughter I assume. Because I know as hell your not Alpha" the man at the door snickered.

"Councilmen Andrew. I do not need of your mockery either" Jessup was rather quiet though, gathering the information in his head. "Hit me" another card was dealt to me as well as to Marcus himself.

Vince was the youngest looking or of all of them. Even though he was the oldest here. Centuries old. He scoffed staring at the cards on the table. "Why are you two here then? Spill. Marcus hit me" he dealt a card to him. Jessup mumbled another hit as well.  

"Where's your boss. There's only four of you" he as well had began to grit his teeth. Alex stayed silent, quietly observing the cards, matching Jessups expression.

"Out. Very busy. I'm sure your issue can be addressed to us when we are done here. You don't get special treatment Jace. You have to wait to see us just like every other werewolf out there" when Marcus had gone to me again I said no. Everyone soon followed my response, the game coming to an end.

"But it's something of lost importance. To stop a war between packs and rouge. If I'm not mistaken Vince you've stopped how many wars? Three?" Marcus flipped over his cards.

He grinned. "Twenty"

Jessup flopped showing only ten. He just kept staring blankly. Alex flipped. "Twenty-Three, shit." He mumbled right afterward. He's lost.

"I don't think whatever a drunken rouge has to say is of that most important. Maybe your daughter is hallucinating, maybe she wanted to rid of you forever Jace" He glanced over at the cup in my hands. He then flipped his cards. "Nineteen" his face scrunched up, he's lost as well as the rest.

"It's water. I want your boss. Where are they?"

"You don't have a right to see them. How about that?"

"Well this game is practically over so why don't we just address it" Vincent had gotten up, slamming his fist on the table.

"God fucking damnit! The games not over. Your not going to get a voice here. You've already made us run for our money. Why should we even help you?" Alex grew tense, ready to stand up, but I put my hand out telling him to calm.

Game is over. I flipped over my cards. "Twenty-One" Marcus smirked at me, he knew this was my game. I had beaten the dealer. I had beaten everyone. I felt Andrew, come up behind me. Vince had glared at him. My hand swept over the money pile, taking all of the cash for my own.

"Your games over. Now your boss. Now" Jessup has gotten up.

"Follow me" Vince could only glare. Jessup was the wiser of the group. Had knowledge unlike any other. Vince had all the knowledge of the streets, Jessup was one for books. Andrew was just the muscle. Marcus had the role of peace keeper. But in this century he had contacts.

Both Alex and I stood up. Following Jessup through a blocked corridor in which he opens for us. We kept walking down the narrow corridor, to a room. He knocked twice and without waiting for a response, walked in.

"Nanji. You have some people who wish to seek an audience with you" his voice was still quiet. But she heard. She was in a bath. Sunken herself under a mixture of bubbles.  She opened her eyes, staring at us. Jessup excused himself, walking out of the room. Her servants, lined up against the walls, waiting for her to call upon them.

Both of us bowed our heads in respects to our Moon Goddess. I heard the swooshing of bubbles, one of her servers rushing to her side with a towel. I shut my eyes in respect, allowing for her to put some form of clothing on.

"Jace...Alex...the most troubled of brothers. Gone though so much. What brings you here?"

"You know already. Don't you?" Alex spoke. She chuckled.

"Yes I do. It's just polite to ask"