Chaper Ninteen

Kamali

He pulled away leaving me in a confused state until I looked at the door. It was him. It was his father. I gasped, Masons hands on me tightening. His father then took a step foreword grinning. He shut the door behind him, locking it. He then leaned against the door, that smirk still on his face.

"And here I thought she rejected you. What are you doing begging on your knees for her? Why go back to her after what she made you? After the destruction she has caused"

"It's not like that. She's different. It was a misunderstanding"

"Yea like how my Emerald misunderstood what I was and tossed me out, leaving with my unborn child" my eyes widen. He's lying. I had to tell Mason but I couldn't. How Can I?

"*^He's lying. Don't listen-^*"

"Stop doing that. She says your lying"

"She's manipulating  you. Cant you see that?" I looked at Mason for his expression. His eyes seemed to have darkened. The bright brown color that was once there had changed to a black color, like coal. Flashbacks to the night he brought me here. His eyes were a dark red. He was angry then. What was he now? Not angry. Even worse.

"She is not!" His eyes glimmered yellow. It was his wolf that was angry. I felt his claws begin to grow from behind me almost digging into my back.

"That's how woman do it. They make you want them, then they turn you away. When they see you most vulnerable they come back telling you lies to get you under their spells. Am I wrong?" His grip on me tightened almost making me wince.

"*^Don't Listen to him. Why would you listen to a complete stranger?^*"

"But she's the stranger. Just think about it. Your my son-" it looked as if he wanted to say more but he stopped himself frowning. "It looks like my time here is up. I didn't know you brought company" with that he disappeared. The door unlocked and opened. His grip on me staying at the same force his eyes turning back to its normal color.

"*^Your hurting me^*" I wrote fast. He looked at his hands, immediately releasing me.

"I'm sorry. Thank god he is gone he could've- wait he said someone is here" who could it be? Who else would've scared off his father? Mason then had grabbed me pulling me into a closet. He shut the closet door keeping me close to his chest. His arms were wrapped protectively around me, still helping me stand. It was maybe a minute until someone had stepped in. I didn't want to look. I shut my eyes and buried my head into his chest. He stroked my hair softly. The sparks of him just touching me made me calmer.

I then opened my eyes wanting to face whoever was there. Then my eyes widen. I started to struggle getting out of his grip again. I pushed away at him. "Wait no-" I then burst out of the closet. The man that was there had turned around his mouth gaping, eyebrows raising. I weakly ran over, he met me halfway giving me a bear hug. He then looked me over, looking for my injuries.

"Where did he hurt you? Where did he touch you?! I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch"

"*Joseph I'm fine really*"

"Well you don't look fine!" I guess he was right. My pale skin, my bloodshot eyes. I felt weaker than ever barely even standing. The rest of the guard he brought with him, looked worriedly at me, wanting to make sure I was fully okay.

"*I swear I'm-*"

"Search the whole house I want that beast alive!" My eyes widen as I shook my head. He wasn't even letting me finish what I wanted to say. The men around him nodded, running off to check the house.

"*Why aren't you letting me speak?*"

"Kamali you can't speak, save your breathe"

"*But he's-*" he didn't pay attention to my words, instead his attention went to the closet. He set me down on the couch, I could just feel the radiation of anger that pulsed through him. I followed his gaze to Mason who was being held by two of my rouges. His fangs were bared, as they kicked him to his knees. He then looked at me and my worried look. His face softened, his fangs going to his normal pearly whites. Joseph then stalked over to him, his hands balling into fist. His knuckles turning white at the tightness he clutched them at. 

He threw the first punch, hard. It threw Mason's head to the side. Syra had screamed, telling me to stop it. No one could see me, their focus was solely on hurting him. She began to sob wanting to hurt Jospeh the thoughts she was giving me was haunting me. He could easily get out of this, why is he just letting them do this to him?!

My hands were shaking, my head was pounding like the beat of a drum. I felt as if my face was already bruised, each time he would receive a punch, a sharp pain rang trough my face. I tried to tell them to stop but my fingers were shaking. They weren't paying attention to me. So I did the only thing I could do.

"Stop!" The room seemed to have shook from the impact of my voice. They all stopped, Jospeh had turned submissively around, his hold on Mason's hair that he had, dropped letting his head limp down. He never liked me using the Alpha voice on him, I didn't like that either. His face held fear, his hands loosely went to his sides. "*Get away from him.* Now!" I screamed sending the warriors who held him away, Mason had dropped to the floor. My face then went to panic, almost crawling to get to him. He got up on his elbows then shaking his head at me, no.

He got up on his own, then he was next to me, helping me up from the ground. I looked for his injuries but they were gone? All except for a cut on his lip. Unconsciously my fingers ran over it drawing a tiny bit of blood away from it. My eyes then traveled to Joseph. He stood there, an unreadable expression on his face.

"I'm glad you found him Kam" then he smiled. There was moment of silence, in co fusion on why he was actually smiling.

"*Wait what?*" he seemed to have laughed. The guard behind him also smiling.

"I just kicked the shit out of your mate. It left one scratch on him. He also didn't care about himself. He cared about you more. So let me actually formally introduce myself. My name is Joseph Gandering the stand in Beta for Alpha Cawthon"