Chapter Fifty-One

A month later...

Fear was growing more and more as we got closer. The funeral for my uncle was being held today. I could barley walk out of my room. It was just me and my dad. Sitting together in a room. Silence. Didn't even speak to each other. He just came into my room, his face full of tears and both of us crashed.

He was sitting on one side of the window seat while I sat at the other side. Just watching the outside. Training was done for the day. It was cut back today as I was simply too lazy to schedule it. It was a set back but I needed just this day to grieve him. I tapped my dads shoulder.

"*When are they supposed to enter?*"

"*Soon...*" there were still tears in his eyes. They had already dried on his cheeks but fresh ones were tempting him at every second to come up. His head then snapped at the door. I sniffed the air getting up and opening it. Mason was leaning at the door frame giving me a grim look.

"Human spotted on borders with a hybrid and a councilmen"

"*^Its okay. Let them through. Bring them here^*"  his eyes had glazed over. I averted my gaze going back to stare at my dad. I saw his teeth gritted.

"I still can't believe you invited them" He tilted his head.

"*They are family.*" he was growing more and more uncomfortable, an aura of slight anger around him. "*Whether you like it or not*" he mumbled something, I was unable to catch his words. I shook my head in disapproval, turning back to Mason.

"*^Come on follow me...^*" he smiled lightly, shutting the door behind me as I led him out. Mason has gotten better this past month. Controlling Caleb's urges. We try to keep him on a schedule for feeding, so he has that control. He kept close behind me, he's been so protected over me the moment he gained full control. I couldn't blame him or tell him off either.

I felt him grab my shoulder. "Who are they?" I let out a breathe.

"*^Alex's Daughter, past Mate and father in law^*"

"How is the Mate human? Im assuming the council men's daughter is the human"

"*^Adopted. No one can't smell it but Uncle Marcus is also a human hybrid. His werewolf side is just that much stronger because he is on the council^*" he looked confused at this but didn't question it.

"Uncle?"

"^*He was supposed to be my god father if he didn't join the council.*^" he nodded again, still following very close behind me to the outside. He stopped at the door, it was still light outside. I held onto his hand again.

"^*Cant you do that thing...? With the mirrors...*^" He shook his head.

"I'd rather not. I don't want him hurting anybody while there is no one to put him down" I mouthed a please. He seemed to have let out a breathe.

Yes he did show me his vampire 'super power'. He's covered up all the mirrors besides the one in our bathroom and room. He hates it. Probably reminding him of his time shared at the 'vampire hotel'.

He walked over to one of the covered up wall windows, pulling down at the curtain. He stared at the other two in his mind. They seemed to be having a moment. I walked away turning my back to him. I stared at one of the guards then began to faze out of reality. It's one of those moments where you can't stop staring at nothing in particular. I jumped a little when his arms snaked around my waist. He kissed at my mark calming me down and telling me it was him.

"^*Coal come on*^" I took his hand in mine leading him out. He still flinched every time he would walk out in the sun. Yet with Caleb gone, the sun wouldn't effect him. I kept leading him to where they were. Still he had some quirks of being away from practically the other third of him.

"You know it's funny...Emily keeps insisting I just get rid of Caleb"

"*^She shouldn't be doing that. Don't take it the wrong way, I don't want to get rid of Caleb. I just need you right now Coal^*" We continued to walk, one of the pack warriors joining us and leading us in the right direction. It took a few minutes as we were walking. He pushed back the low hanging branches, letting us pass.

There stood a girl, a teenager a little bit older than Amelia. She was standing behind her mom, Maria. Next to them was Marcus. I gave him a smile in which he returned.

"Maria this is Kamali. Jace's daughter if you remember" she nodded sadly. She then turned to me, holding onto her daughter.

"I'm sorry about your uncle Kamali" I gave her a frown.

"*Thats Alpha to you. If you cared truly you wouldn't have left*" Marcus frowned at me.

"Kamali!" He snapped. I shrugged at him. I felt Mason put his hand on my shoulder, offering comfort. He knew I was pissed. Mason said something but I didn't bother looking up to see what he was saying. I was just staring at the woman who left my uncle.

"No I'm sorry. Truly I am Kamali. I'm here aren't I?"

"*Thats Alpha for you. Your only here cause of your fatherless daughter*" Marcus translated clearly un happy.

"I'm already gonna hear it from Jace aren't I? If he's still alive at that"

"*Humans are fucking pathetic with their petty arguments and their non loyalty to anyone in their lives*" her father shook his head repeating what I just said. Her eyes narrowed at me, fist clenching. The little girl from behind her stepped foreword.

"Please mommy stop. Your not helping" At least someone is smart.

"*Does she even know a thing about her father?*" Maria shook her head, biting her lip. I went down to the girls level. "Come...with m-me" I motioned for her to come closer to me. She looked up at her mom who's face was full of rage, staring me down. She held on to her daughter not letting her go.

"No. No way" Marcus went to speak but she shut him down real fast. "This was a mistake. We are leaving" the girl ripped her self away from her mom backing toward me. She said something I couldn't see than continued to walk towards me. She stood in front of me now.

"I want to know" I nodded at her. I glanced up at Mason who gave a tilted look at the girl.

"Come..." he said. Even if the girl had frightened eyes she still followed him.