Chapter Thirty-Seven

Mason

I couldn't stop staring at her. I was hidden amoungst the shadows of the trees, staring as she worked with some of her seniors on training. She was wearing the tightest leggings, with a little sports bra to go with it. My eyes were just looking at her up and down, watching as she was teaching new fighting techniques. The way her body moved, put me in a trance. Jonathan was back up and at it to. Helping her demonstrate. Jealous? No. She was kicking his ass. It was making me feel better.

She caught onto my stare, smiling and waving at me before returning back to her training. All I could do was grin as she pinned somebody two times her body weight. Suddenly I felt someone come up behind me. I smelled the air then tensed.

"She is pretty, isn't she?" His voice was full of poison.

"What are you doing here?" He hummed.

"Am I not aloud to visit my son"

"You didn't for twenty something years" I snapped. Isn't  this fun?

Shut it blood sucker

"Not my fault. What is with this new attitude I'm getting?" I moved uncomfortably. This situation was making me nervous. "Don't feel nervous son. If you do I'll make you go away. Your mate will turn around if you get anymore anxious" my eyes widen as I relaxed. Well tried as best I can.

"Why are here?" My voice came out softer.

"I want Caleb" Wait no! I felt myself being taken over by the demon.

"Yes father?"

"Is he ready?"

"No we are going to need more time. Something has come up" Caleb glanced at Kamali.

"Oh I see. That's why you smell different...I'm still enacting it. Your still powerful as long as I'm here son. It'll come into place"

Hey let me out! What the hell are you talking about!

Coal as well was struggling causing Caleb to get a headache. He rubbed at his head, in pain.

"They are trying to take control"

All my father could do was chuckle. "That's okay. We are done here. See you soon again son"

"You have to make him forget and make the dog mute"

"I know..." his eyes had turned to their blood red. Caleb allowed me to take control, I faced him in fear. "Forget..."

~

A weight from my shoulder was lifted. It was weird. I shrugged it off, watching as she walked to me. She was out of breathe. Drinking from a water bottle. I smirked.

"Did I ever tell you how fucking hot you are?" Coal flashed making her giggle slightly.

"*^From what I hear. Hot^*" all I could do was smile at my beautiful mate.

~
Jace

"Let's just lead them right in right? That means we would have to change another law. Alpha only by blood and by mate. Because hybrids would be dominant over any werewolf Alpha. It's fact"

"Please. Nanji. We need this. We do. For the greater good" she leaned back in her seat, staring at the two of us.

"I've done so much for you two already. It's sad that I favor you than most because I've helped you guys the most" Alex gritted his teeth.

"Yea making me mate someone who had a cold heart and ditched me is some favor you did for me" he snapped. I stared wide eye at him. What the fuck is he doing? "And him. Killed her in a fire. Left him to take care of his child. Abusive grandfather, broken father, one fucked up uncle taking care of a little girl. Everything was difficult. Everything to get her through we had to scratch and claw for" he stood up.

"Alex-"

"No. Your created hell for us and you say we are your so called favorites. Fuck that man" she narrowed her eyes. The servants growing tense but she made them stand down. She stood up as well.

"Sit down" he on que sat down. His hands tightly gripped the seat. "I could've let Emerald die. Ryder would have gone in a complete fury. Taking over pack after pack until the whole America was his. As for you and Rae. You still would've lived. In your own personal prison of Alpha Ryders home. Guarded twenty-four seven. Your little girl still would've been born. But for her whole life she would also be guarded. She would grow up with no friends. Emily, Sophie, Mason, were never born. A completely different offspring would've been born. They would turn out horrid creatures. Kamali would grow old, mate less, alone" she directed this all towards me. Why?

"As for you asshole. Your daughter would've never been born. Even if your mate stayed. You daughter would've died as soon as she got into a fight with a pack member, she is weak" both of our faces turned white as a ghost. It was silent.

"I-I have a daughter..."

"Yes asshole" she smiled. "No one was gone tell you. I might as well" Alex gulped. "Anyways. Still dont think I've helped you all enough? Fine I'm passing the laws. You can deal with the aftermath"

In confusion both of us stood up. "Wait why are you agreeing if-"

"What's the term you mortals use these days? Oh I know. Not caring anymore. I've been doing this for far to long. I rather just let you guys run yourselves"

A/N

I know it's short. I'm sowwey.