Chapter One Page Two

My knight in black bespoke suit, I didn’t think I still have enough love in me to give. But I met you again. I won't promise you forever because I have done that before and I realized that forever's actually not as long as we thought it was. Today, I promise you never. Never is such a long time they say. So from this day onwards, I promise to never doubt your love for me. I promise to never forget to make you feel how much you are loved. I promise to never lose faith in you and the love that we have. I promise to never leave your side because just the thought of a day without you sends pricks of pain in my heart. I promise to never fall out of love. I promise to never let you give up on your dreams. I promise to never keep things from you and be as honest as we have always been to each other. Above all, I promise to never let you go. That entire half of yourself that you've given me? Consider it sealed and locked away for all eternity because you are mine and I intend to keep it that way until we've taken our last breaths. Wear this ring as a symbol of the other half of me that belongs to you alone.

After putting his ring to his finger, I remembered something, so I added.

Oh! And P.S. I promise to never skip practice. To which he laughed heartily then grabbed my cheeks and planted a loud smack on my lips.

Oh...oh. Wala pang end credits. The pastor's reminder had everyone laughing once again. I now pronounce you husband and wife. Okay, now you may kiss your bride.

He kissed the side of my lips first, whispering promises only I can hear. Then he gave me the tenderest kiss we've shared by far.

The laughter and tears of joy followed us through the reception. Every relative and friend showered us with hugs and kisses. Of all the wedding details, he only made one tiny request: that he be given full reigns on the song choices.

For the wedding, an instrumental of Bless the Broken Road by The Rascall Flats played. I keep guessing on the car ride to the reception venue what song he chose for our first dance but he wouldn't budge. Then we were introduced and the music started playing. I heard his voice before I saw him playing the piano at the side of the stage: Gavin DeGraw in the flesh playing More Than Anyone. I was so surprised that he had to nudge to get me to start dancing with him.

Oh! You're amazing, you know that? Almost too star stricken to avert my eyes. I turned to look at him, my eyes lingering on his twinkling eyes then I gave him a kiss before laying my head on his shoulder.

Not as amazing as you coming back in my life. He gazed at me lovingly before touching his lips on my forehead.