Chapter Three Page One

I woke up late. James and Reese weren’t in bed anymore when I got up. I’m not sure with his sched but he’s probably shooting today. Lauren usually gets Reese from my room in the morning, pushing his stroller while she goes for her morning walk.

I would have come with them but I’ve been doing work late nights to make up for not being able to come personally since the whole debacle started. I washed up before getting down.

I entered the dining area and got arrested by the sight of a very sweaty and bare-chested James carrying Reese, shaking his milk bottle in one hand.

Oh, you’re up. How’s the toe?

Uhm…okay na.

Here. He hands over Reese to me. I’m going to shower. Then he dashed upstairs to his room.

Not five seconds of Reese in my arms and Lauren’s already snatching him away from me.

Gimme. James was being so madamot this morning. Did I get the word right? She laughed.
Then she started raining kisses on Reese’s face, eliciting giggles from him. Reese, your parents were very naughty this morning. She cooed to Reese.

What?! No, we weren’t. Glad that nobody else was in earshot.

Oh, don’t mind me. I promise I’ll keep it a secret. She continues to tease me.

What’s the secret? Tom walked into the dining room with Jack on his heels.

Yeah, what’s up?

The parents are sleeping together again. A smirk on Lauren’s face.

Wow. What a way to keep a secret. I rolled my eyes at her.

What? Did I say I’d keep it secret to everyone?

Spill. Jack’s eyes twinkling with mischief while he tease Reese with an apple.

Don’t believe her okay? It’s nothing. And yeah, operative word: sleeping. Reese just woke up to him in the room and asked him to stay.

Wait, why was he in your room? Tom prodded.