Chapter Six Page One

{James’ POV}

I didn’t want to call her. It would just worry her. And whatever is happening is not her fault at all. What I want is for her to feel okay again – whatever it takes. It’s a small price to pay for whatever pain I have brought her the past year and a half. If being with Paulo makes her happy – which she seems to be, then so be it. I know how hard it is for them.

Hell, it is hard for me and Nath. I’m starting to feel the strain in our relationship. We argued last night about our schedules. We haven’t seen each other in a while and she’s considering accepting another project in the Caribbean after her stint in the Bahamas.  All this time apart is taking its toll on me.

What’s wrong? Did something happen to Reese?

Sorry. I didn’t mean to call.

No, it’s okay. May nangyari ba?

Boss Vic called. Someone tipped the press that Paulo’s with you.

Shoot. What do we do?

Uhm. We’re actually on our way now.

What? You’re bringing Reese? Here? Like now?

Sorry to spring this on you this way. Aeo told Caryl that Andre’s going there too so we’ll pick him up along the way. I’ll explain when we get there?

Oh my god.

Why? Is it a bad time? My mind unintentionally conjured up images of her and Paulo in very compromising situations.

No, no. Of course not. This is just all too sudden. She’s lying through her teeth. An image of her half naked on top of Paulo sprang into my head. Shit. I stopped the car.

Hey, know what? Uhm. Let’s talk when we get there. I’m driving right now. Don’t let Paulo out of the villa. We’re not sure if there are photographers camping outside. Without waiting for her reply, I ended the call. I can’t keep talking to her when my mind’s totally off the rails.

I start the car and called up Dre.
Hey, man.

Hey, you on your way? I’m just getting wrapped up. I can hear shuffling in the background. Oh, good. I didn’t have to explain to him.

We’ll just pick you up. Nadine brought her car.

How bad is it? I asked the moment he sat on the back seat next to Reese who’s been napping.

You haven’t been checking online?

I haven’t seen the social media in almost a year Dre.

Right. Hmmm. He shrugged. No worries. It’s not that bad you know. Photos of Paulo’s car in his assistant’s home in Cavite surfaced. Some netizens made the connection with Nadz being in Tagaytay. But it’s all assumptions until they actually get snaps of them.

We can’t have that happen. I sighed.

Boss Vic put you up to this huh?

Yeah. He summoned me while we were at the studio.