Chapter Five Page Two

{Paulo's POV}

Haha, joke lang mas hot ka syempre. Friend yun ni Len. Baka nga ikaw pa matype-an non eh. Hahaha

Ngeee. We lay side by side in silence; my arms around her shoulders. Ano’ng plan mo for the short film?

Di ko pa sure. Pero yung plot nong sinusulat nya, about second chances… I was reminded of the plot once again and it made me look at Nadine more intently.

What? Why? May dumi sa face ko?

Wala…I was just wondering. Can you help me with my project?

Like sa animations and edits?

No… I chewed my lip. I know you said you didn’t want to be an actress anymore. But… well, I wonder baka pwedeng ikaw yung kunin kong bida sa short film?

Hala kaya ko ba? Alam mo naman na struggle sakin magtake ng dramatic roles eh.

It’s not too much drama really. Dinedevelop pa rin yung story. Pag tapos na script, can you please give it a chance? Read it and reconsider maybe? We’ll work on the payment after.

Pau, kahit walang bayad ano ka ba. Project mo’to syempre I wanna help. I’ll think about it. Pero hindi rin naman pwede ngayon, ang gulo gulo pa.

Perfect excuse nga sya actually. We can say we’re not romantically involved. That you’re just helping me out in my project kaya lagi tayong magkasama…

She was quiet for some time. Then she turned to face me completely.
Paulo, may problema ba tayo?

Wala, wala. I just… I miss you. I miss you every day. Kahit magakausap tayo palagi. I think I just got used to us seeing each other every day at work.  Tapos biglang ngayon… But really, don’t think na yun lang yung reason. I read the first parts of the manuscripts and I instantly thought of you. I think you’d fit the role perfectly. And I do. I really miss her. Iba yung feeling na nasa tabi ko lang sya. Unlike now na kahit everyday kami magkausap, I know she lives with James and his family.

Hey…ako din naman eh. Nakaka-miss yung pa-kape mo. Haha

Ah ganun?! I started tickling her.
Isa! Stop na! Her giggles filled the room. Pau! Sige na, sige na! I’ll think about it!

Talaga?

Maybe? The wench winked at me.

I kept on tickling her sides until we’re both lying on the sofa, with me on top of her. A particular touch of my fingers on her waist made her so ticklish she jerked her knees in response, hitting me accidentally.

Oh! Ouch!

Oh my god! Sorry, sorry! Are you okay? She touched me to check for injuries, probably not realizing where her palms landed.

Hon, that’s not helping. I couldn’t keep myself from chuckling despite the pain in my groin.

Oh shit! She jumped away from me. Sorry na! Sorry talaga! Okay ka lang? She looked so worried so I pulled her on my lap and gave her an assuring hug and a kiss on the forehead.

Okay lang. Okay na. I kissed her forehead again, then the tip of her nose. I skipped her lips and placed a soft kiss on her chin. Stop worrying.

Sure? Sorry. Alam ko masakit yun.

Masakit nga, but it was an accident.

I proceeded to kiss her on the lips. Our kiss deepened when she opened her mouth. She moved so she’s completely straddling me. I played with the hem of her shirt while she threads her fingers through my hair. We continue exploring each other’s mouths. My fingers travelled from her waist under her shirt to her tight stomach. I rubbed my thumb on the skin just under her breasts. I felt her hands move from my hair to her back; frantically unsnapping her bra. She grabbed my hand and placed it on top of one boob. Her lips moving against mine, getting a little too aggressive. I cupped her breast, pulling her taut nipple with my thumb and forefinger. She lets go of my lips for a moment to lean back and try to take her shirt off. I stopped her even before her shirt gets to the middle of her stomach.

What? She looked at me, puzzled.

Uhhh…Yassi?

Shit. You’re right. Room?

Before I can respond, her phone ringing fills the quiet space.

It’s James. Hello? What’s wrong? Did something happen to Reese? Worry in her voice.