Chapter Fourteen Page One

{Nadine's POV}

Days gone by real quick. Without realizing it, it’s our first Christmas as a family. We decided to spend it like all the other times in the past. This time though, we didn’t have to hide unlike years ago when we had to sneak in.

We rented two villas and spent Christmas eve in Tagaytay. My family and his together with our closest friends. Nath and Paulo came too but they both didn’t stay long. It wasn’t much of an event really; just mostly gift giving.

Reese fell asleep halfway through unwrapping his presents. He played all day with our friends and Jack and Mimi. Surprisingly, he wasn’t too lazy and opted to walk around instead of having people carry him all the time.

James and I haven’t talked about our love lives again but I do know for a fact that he and Nath have been going out; twice they even brought Reese with them. I have to give it to Viva; we were able to keep everything under wraps.

The news about us has died down. But we haven’t gotten into talking about our separation just yet. James decided to launch his children’s foundation on December 30.

We agreed to spend Christmas day at home with my parents and relatives. While New Year’s Eve will be a Reid family affair.

I was setting the plates on the table while James cleans the silverware. Reese tried to get his hands on helping him but got too bored and set out to find Ezzy.

We had to laugh at his bossy demeanor, walking out of the kitchen screaming “Z!” at the top of his lungs. I looked at James; the image of him looking at Reese in wonder whenever he walks by himself holding onto the wall for support never gets old.

What? He asked when he found me staring.

Nothing. You’ve seen him walking for weeks, and you still look like it’s the first time every single time.

Can you blame me? I mean… Wow. I knew he can stand on his own, and I do know even before you came to live with me that he can walk already – with support of course. But this? It’s a whole new level for me. It’s like… he’s growing up too fast huh?

Yup. Pretty soon he’ll be telling you “Dad, the condom broke”

Ha ha. Very funny. He rolled his eyes at me.

I guffawed. You are such a hypocrite!

And for a mom, you are so heartless. Shouldn’t you be the one getting all panicky at the thought of him with a girl?

I’m just kidding! And don’t worry, it does scare me. I just prefer to be in my happy bubble and think he won’t be a teen until the next 15 years.

He chuckled. If you think that he won’t be kissing a girl the minute he stepped into preschool, you’re deluding yourself.

Shut up, you! Besides, he’s a mama’s boy. He would never love other girls the way he loves me. And I’m back to my happy bubble.