Chapter Seven Page Two

{Nadine's POV}

I’ll help you. I grabbed Yassi’s arm and we scampered to the kitchen, avoiding the tension.

Oh my god. Yassi fanned herself the moment we’re out of earshot. Nakakaloka! This is awkward.

I know. I covered my face with both hands.

So pano na?

Dinner first. Talk later. Nasstress ako. I walked towards the fridge and started taking out the ingredients for sinigang.

Sinigang?

Yeah. Favorite ni Reese yun.

Ahhh…kala ko kasi favorite ni James.

Seriously?!

Joke! She then sets up the rice cooker and we worked in silence for the next couple of minutes.

Getting distracted every now and then by Reese’s laugh and unintelligible words coming from the living room. I thought for sure that Paulo was the one playing with Reese but when I went to the living room while Yassi sets the table in the dining area, I was arrested by the sight of James lying on the floor as he lifts Reese up in his arms.

Kakain na? Paulo coming out of the room, phone in his hand, woke me up from the trance.

Yeah. Sino kausap mo?

Si Len. He’ll be here around 4am. What did you cook?

You’re cooking now? James interrupted.

Yeah, perks of living alone. Tara na. Si Dre?

Coming through, coming through. Dre took Reese by his shoulders and feet and sauntered to the dining room. He swings Reese and made whoosh whoosh sounds pretending Reese was an airplane.

Not too much, Dre. Baka ma-upset ang stomach nya. I warned him as we follow.

Wow. Bango ah! 

Sinigang! James walks swiftly past us towards the table.

I started feeding Reese who’s sitting between James and me while Paulo prepares my food. Everyone got busy eating that we forget the whole sleeping arrangement dilemma for a while. I don’t think I can sleep in the room with Paulo knowing James would just be right out the door. It doesn’t feel right even when they say it’s all fine. I’m still legally married to James after all. I probably wouldn’t feel at ease if I were in James’ position and Nath would sleep over.

This is really good. James burped after his third serving, making us all laugh.

Obvious nga. Yassi teased. Dessert anyone?

What’s for dessert?

Ice cream!

You had time to get ice cream pa? Andre scoops some ice cream.

Kaninang morning pa yan when we shopped for groceries. Speaking of time, do you think we’ve got enough time to go to the mall? We’re going to Batangas right? I didn’t bring any swimsuits! We need to shop. Pretty please? Yassi looked around the table.

Uhm…there’s a mall nearby. Serin? If I’m not mistaken? But I think it will blow up our cover if you shop for clothes at the last minute. People might think it’s not really planned. Paulo pointed out. Ganto na lang. If you can, ask your handler to bring your clothes to the studio. Len will be there tonight around 10pm to pick up some of my stuff.