Chapter Twelve Page Two

{James' POV}

What Paulo and Nadine have – it is something. There’s something remarkable about it especially when you observe them together. I see the two of them at work and I’d feel a pang of envy sometimes.

Objectively speaking, they don’t look passionately in love – not the kind of regular couple you see who looked like they can’t live without each other. However, they look so in sync together; like real life partners in everything. They do so well at work and in handling their relationship. And I can’t fault Paulo with Reese; he treats him as his own. Maybe that’s the advantage of having a best friend for your lover.

I used to have that with Nadine but we were also passionately in love. When the cameras aren’t rolling, we couldn’t keep our hands to ourselves. I see the stark difference in what they have now and what we used to have. Maybe it’s the maturity. We have changed so much over the years.

Back then, I was overly possessive of Nadine. She lost contact with her friends – especially the guys like MJ and the members of that Korean-wannabe group she used to hang out with. When I’m not around, someone from my squad will be watching out for her. I was impulsive and jealous too.

I see what we used to have with her and Paulo – but a better version of it. Maybe it is exactly what she needs. Maybe the reason we never worked out was because she was really meant for someone like Paulo; and me? Maybe girls like Nath works for me.

I’ve changed so much but not as drastic as the changes in Nadine. I see her now as a completely different person. She used to be a bitch – there’s just no putting her down without a fight. Now she knows how to choose her battles wisely, she’s more calculating and decisive, more careful with her words and actions, and she has lost all the “me” mindset. I guess it’s all because of Reese.

While I may have lost some of the impulsiveness and the possessive streak, I have also lost my affections along the way. These days, the only things I consider important are my career – my goals, and Reese. Reese has definitely become my main concern but my relationship with my friends and family and Nath – it has come way below my priority line.

And to be blunt, I don’t know if I’d choose Reese over my career if it comes right down to it. I just feel so in the zone right now – like I totally have everything I want within reach. And I want to leave a mark in the industry before I lie low on the projects. The entertainment industry is totally my niche.

Well someone looks sulky. Ashley teased me as she passed by. She’s wearing a unicorn onesie.

Asan si Nadz?

Upstairs. She’s changing Reese.

You are so in character today. Then she giggled and went on her way. She’s referring to my wolf costume.

We didn’t have time to get proper costumes so Nadine and I opted for the lion and wolf onesies.

Yassi handed me the cake.

They’re coming.

I turned around just in time to see Nadine coming through the door with Reese in panda costume. Paulo and Aki wearing matchy Jedi costumes behind them.