Chapter Four Page One

How are you doing? Yassi sets the drinks on the table.

Bored out of my mind. I miss my life before all of this.

Hmmmm…yeah I can imagine. It’s been a few months, you’d think by now they’d have found a juicier scandal to sink their teeth into.

Or…they would have found out by now where those leaks came from.

That too. Ano na daw ba yung update?

Wala pa rin. I sighed.

Silence passed between us. She sips her hot chocolate while I contemplated on the things that transpired the past few months.

We moved back into the QC house. I haven’t had the chance to explore that afternoon Reese and I visited. I noticed that not much has changed in that house since the last time I saw it, except the pool’s done and there’s a gazebo out back. All the furniture’s exactly what we picked for it, even the color schemes on the wall. James didn’t change any of my suggestions for the house.

 I wanted to use my room initially but he made a good point on the fact that it wouldn’t be practical for Reese

I wanted to use my room initially but he made a good point on the fact that it wouldn’t be practical for Reese. You see James had the whole third floor setup for our own space. It has his game room, a mini studio, the master’s bedroom, and my room. We used to call it the Naddie room. It was specifically built for when I want to be on my own. James thought that he wouldn’t like for me to leave the house when I’m upset with him so the room would serve as my refuge. I never got to use it though since I left before we even made the actual move.

And last month, we transferred my things to the master’s bedroom, bought a mini bed for Reese, while James moved to the “Naddie Room”.

At least one good thing came of it. Yassi interrupted my thoughts.

What?

Reese. You don’t say but we know you wanted for him to be part of Reese’s life.

Yeah. I guess. I sipped my orange juice. You know what’s ironic though? Her eyebrow raised in question. We were discussing our options on shared custody, annulment, and divorce suits when all this happened.

You were?