Chapter Seven Page One

{Nadine's POV}

I bounced on my feet the minute Dre walked in with Reese.

What happened? I asked James behind them while I snatch my son from Andre’s hold.

No pictures yet. But someone tweeted that they saw Paulo’s car going to Len’s house in Cavite. It escalated real quickly and now they’re making assumptions about you two. No one saw you come in here right? James directed his question on Paulo.

Wala, pare. I swapped cars with Len, wala namang nakakita since their garage is a closed door type.

Then as long as no one snaps a picture of you, walang magiging problema. But Boss Vic wanted to make sure there won’t be any loopholes. This place is pretty private.

Yung caretakers?

Totally reliable. We used to sneak in here a lot of times nong secret pa yung relationship namin. He nods in my direction.

What’s the plan then? Reese keeps on waving his arms towards Paulo so Paulo took him from me.

Caryl says we should stay overnight. You gotta call your assistant and have him come here before the break of dawn so no one sees him. You two will leave and make it appear as though you’ve been doing work overnight or something. While us – all five of us will go to Batangas. Caryl made reservations for a not so public resort. So people can take pictures of us together the entire weekend. Make it seem like a planned getaway.

But you have taping schedule this weekend diba? Direk Cathy asked me to render overtime for that.

She did? My eyes turned towards Paulo. You didn’t mention that.

Yeah, I got distracted, sorry.

Shit, I know perfectly well what distracted him. I looked down and picked on my nails.

Uhm… James seemed uncomfortable. Right. Well, Caryl cleared my schedule this weekend. Taping will still push through but they will shoot the sequences without me.

Just then, Yassi came out of the room. Oh! Everyone’s here already!

You knew?

I was browsing the internet kanina and Dre texted. I would have told you but you were kinda busy so…

Oh wow. Now this is awkward.

So…where do we put our stuff? Andre taking the cue.

Yassi points to her room. Dun tayo. Then she bites her lip. Oh shoot! Pano yung sleeping arrangement nyo?

James scratches his head. I’ll sleep on the couch.

Sure?

Yeah. Lakad nyo to. I’m just crashing.

Right. Uhm…dinner anyone? Yassi asked.