Chapter One Page Three

His wedding gift to me was a house that has an attic room but I haven't seen it yet. Until today.

When we stepped out of the bridal car, the sight that greeted me took my breath away

When we stepped out of the bridal car, the sight that greeted me took my breath away. In front of me is a sprawling two storey house that looked like it belonged to the ancient times. Stone bricks lined the wall. I could see the round window of the attic room peeking from where I stand. The house was a perfect combination of gray, brown, and white. Before I had the chance to observe the driveway and the other details of the house front, I found myself being carried to the door.

I hit his chest. Put me down! I'm heavy!

Sorry wife. I'm just following traditions. I'm supposed to carry you on the threshold. He winked.

One second I'm back on my feet as he opened the door, the next I was back to looking like a damsel in distress once again.

He turned on the lights switch and I was momentarily distracted. He slowly helps me up to my feet. And I found myself taking a few steps forward, mesmerized. If the house front was breathtaking, the interior simply caught me at a loss for words. It looked like a modern cabin inside. Literally. With logs making up the wall, hardwood floors, the open space makes for a spacious living room, on the other side is an arc leading to the kitchen, the stairs to the second floor taking up the far side of the wall, and further back, the glass doors and wide windows make up the backdoor entrance. From where I stand, I can see the hillside and a small glimpse of the Taal Lake. It’s the kind of home I can see Reese and our kids growing. I looked back at him.

Just like Lake Tahoe. Awe in my voice.

Just like Lake Tahoe. He looked nervous.

I love it. I smiled widely.

You do? He looked pleased but surprised.

I proceeded to show him just how much I loved his wedding gift.

Startling him when I attacked his lips. He responded fervently. Our lips kissed voraciously. My hands tried to grab his chest and shoulders and hair all at the same time while his fingers were busy unzipping my dress. It's a good thing we changed for the reception. This would have been tedious if I was still in my wedding dress and he in his tux.

 This would have been tedious if I was still in my wedding dress and he in his tux

He easily tugs the zipper down and slips my dress off. It drops to the floor. I sought out the buttons on his shirt and frantically slip it one by one but he got impatient so he simply ripped the shirt apart - the buttons flying everywhere.

The action separated us for a while and I moaned, looking at his gloriously defined chest and his abs.