Chapter 3

Brianna's POV

I laid in my bed in the Gryffindors dorm room. I wonder what the sorting hat meant with "you have the brains of a hufflepuff". ill have to ask Heather tomorrow. she seemed nice even though I've heard bad things about Slytherins. no one other than her has made an attempt to talk to me. I'm in the same year as the golden trio but I'm starting a bit late. I finally fell asleep once my mind settled down. I woke up and looked at my schedule.

(A/N These aren't accurate)

History of magic- binns (previously was written as vector but since people can't read the "these aren't accurate" note I have taken it upon myself to change it)

Defense against the dark arts- lupin

Potions-snape

Lunch

Charms- flitwick

Herbology- sprout

I don't have herbology with heather so maybe I will make another friend. I made my way to breakfast and saw heather sitting alone. I went over with her and she looked up.

"Good morning" I said quietly.

"Morning Brianna" she mumbled. "wanna sit?" she asked. I nodded and sat down. everyone was looking at us, maybe because I was with a slytherin.

"So any advice on how to survive these classes?" I laughed lightly.

"Well history is pretty boring but don't worry about it. d.a.d.a is fun especially with Lupin so no worries there. umm in potions keep your mouth shut unless snape speaks directly to you. Charms is pretty fun but be careful where you aim. And herbology just pay attention and follow directions. I had it last year, it was pretty easy." she told me and I tried to take a mental note of it. We finished breakfast an rushed to class.

We sat next to the golden trio and I was kinda starstruck. Heather received a dirty look from Hermoine, I wonder why. I gave her a quizzical look and she nodded to Ron. oh. Hermoine was jealous of her? Harry was really cute even with his scar. he wasn't paying attention at all. I wrote the notes as fast as I could but I couldn't keep up. Heather chuckled and mumbled something under her breath. My pen began writing on its own! she smirked at me and winked.

I was nervous for defense class but heather reassured me it was going to be okay. I sat to the left of heather and a blonde boy sat next to her. She moved closer to me and he smirked.

"I-I'm sorry but I don't want to be near him." she whispered.

"Problem...princess?" he chucked.

"No, Malfoy. Leave me be, please" she practically begged. I wonder why she is like this to him. She seems sort of scared. I thought I should maybe say something but I didn't want to intrude. I noticed she was flinching every few minutes and I looked over to see Draco zapping her with a small electrical current on her leg. what a douche! heather bolted up once the bell rang and grabbed my robe.

"I can't wait until lunch" she mumbled.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Cuz Draco is in our next class too, plus he is a kiss up to snape," she sighed. We sat down and I had to sit in front of her. She was between Ron and Draco. She inched closer to Ron to escape Draco but Hermoine coughed at her as if saying move it... or else!

This class was kinda easy but snape scares the living shit outta me. heather and I sat outside for lunch and we sat in a comfortable silence. I hope she is okay. I feel like we will be great friends.