Chapter 29

Heather's POV

Professor Mcgonagall walked me to the door and said her goodbyes. She's actually quite nice. I made my way down the seemingly endless stairs. when I finally got to the last level I was pulled into an empty classroom. I couldn't see anything and started to panic.
"Lumos!" I shouted. The end of my wand lit up to reveal Draco's face. "Jesus Christ Draco! you nearly scared me half to death!"
"I'm sorry... I wanted to talk to you in private" he sighed.
"Well then talk" I snapped. He ran his fingers through his hair and I have to admit, it was bloody sexy.
"I'm going away for a while, something um came up and I can't be here." He said.
"Well goodbye then" I told him.
"No there's more." he stopped me. "I want you to come with me. I don't think it will be very safe here from now on and I want you in a safe place." he looked at me shyly.
"Safe place? like with a bunch of death eaters that hate muggle borns??" I asked. He sighed.
"I guess I hadn't thought of that. Maybe I can hide you somewhere away from everyone and ill visit you," he suggested.
"Hidden away like a dirty secret?! No thanks!" I yelled. I tried pushing past him but he pinned me against the wall. His minty breath was hot against my face and I got drunk off his scent. I cleansed my head of that nonsense immediately.
"Let me go Draco, in every sense of the phrase. I'm not going to be here next year so you won't have to worry." I replied. His grip loosened a bit but he refused to let go.
"Where will you be?" he questioned.
"None of your business," I sighed.
"When it comes to you, it is my business," he said.
"Draco please don't make this harder than it must be" I whined. I crashed my lips to his quickly then broke away. "Goodbye Draco". I opened the door and went back to the common room. Draco went the other way and that was the last I saw of him.
Harry was upset that Brianna and I were planning to attend his secret mission but he got over it. Him and bri still weren't on the best terms but it was civil. Fred and I got much closer since Draco left, but it wasn't the same as what I had with him. Fred and I were in Hogsmeade one day and I swear I saw a flick of blonde hair behind a tree. I brushed it off as my mind playing tricks on me. As the year wore on the whole inside me got bigger. I started pushing my friends away and becoming less concerned with grades. I went to the owlery one evening to get my mail. I opened the letter with fancy writing first.
"You don't realize how much I wish things were different. That you were born to a different family, or even that I was. I miss you every day, and I watch you from afar, I hope that's not creepy. Please don't push people away. You will need them. Love always, DM"
Tears pooled in the corner of my eyes as I read it over and over again. Why must boys make everything complicated?! I guess he was right, I do need my friends. I guess it's time to apologize.