Chapter 25

Draco's POV

Tonight was the night.... I had to kill him... it's now or never. He called me to his office for a meeting, then I was to lure him to the astronomy office, where I would end it all. My head was still reeling from my conversation with Heather. It felt like my heart was split into a million pieces. Could I really be in love with a mudblood? not possible! but really.. I was madly in love. I shook that from my head so I could focus. The dark lord has bestowed this task upon me and I cannot let him down. If I do, my mother will surely die for my weakness.
i went in and didn't see anyone. I sat there impatiently until he showed up. I looked around the dark room until something caught my eye... the sorting hat. that hat had put me into my rightful house 6 years ago. it had also put a muggle born into a pure blood house. Why? I thought to myself. I heard someone clear their throat and i look over to see Dumbledore.
"A lot on your mind, Draco?" he asked. I didn't answer him. "I've noticed you and Heather have been getting close" he said with a small smile.
"Not really," I snapped with a tinge of pain in my voice.
"You can lie to yourself, my boy, but I can see it in your eyes. I know you know that she is not pure blood. were you wondering how she got into your house?" he asked. Man he's good.
"Maybe.." I mumbled. He pulled down the sorting hat and sat it in front of me. It soon came to life and started grumbling.
"Mr.Malfoy, how may I be of service?" it asked.
"Um well.. there is a mudblood in the house of Slytherin. how could you let her into a pure blood house?" I questioned.
"How long will it take you people to realize blood status is of no importance? she has a great purpose in the house of Slytherin. I put her in there in hopes you might find your way to her. she is good for you draco. let her help you." it said before going limp again. Good for me? she was there.. for me?
"Professor, can we go to the astronomy tower? I need to show you something," I said quickly. Dumbledore sighed and nodded leading me through the door. I saw two figures skipping down the hall towards us. As they came closer I realized it was heather and one of the Weasley twins, Fred I think. They stopped in front of us and heather looked away quickly.
"Fred.. heather.. good evening," dumbledore smiled. Oh how foolish he is.
"Professor," heather and Fred said in sync.
"Ey Malfoy, not in trouble I hope," Fred winked at me, I just scoffed at him and looked at heather who looked pissed at me.
"Lets go Freddy, good evening to you two," she said taking his hand. That hurt.. a lot. Dumbledore nodded but grabbed heathers shoulder as she went by. He whispered something in her ear and she looked towards me. Her lips formed a hard line and some mysterious emotion flicked in her eyes. She nodded then walked away. I decided not to question it. now was the time I had to be most focused. Finally we arrived and he turned to face me.
"I understand why you must do this Draco," he said quietly. My eyes widened in shock.
"H-how do you know?" I asked.
"I am not the foolish old git you think I am Draco," he sighed and pulled out his wand.
"Expelliarmus" I said disarming him. He closed his eyes slowly. I couldn't do it, I wasn't brave enough. "Wh-what did you say to heather back there in the hall?" I asked to waste time.
"I told her to give you time, to believe in you, and that you'll come around. I can see it in her eyes, the love" he smiled.
"Shut up! she doesn't love me! and I don't love her! I can't!" I screamed.
"Can't.. or won't accept it?" he asked. He was really pissing me off. I raised my wand.
"She is a mudblood! I could be killed for being with her!" I shouted. I felt an arm on my shoulder and I looked at snape.
"Go Draco..now.. before they get here," he hissed at me. I was about to protest but he gave me a threatening look. I ran out but stopped at the bottom of the steps.
"Avada kedavra" I heard faintly. It was done.