Chapter 22

Brianna's POV

I was made aware before the game that the only ploy that was in place was to get Malfoy benched. Oliver knew that I would leak the information to Heather who would relay it on to her team. they only wanted to install fear into the slytherins. Finally it was time to mount our brooms and begin. I looked over to the Gyffindor side and saw Heather looked petrified. I knew that I would have a bias to go easy on her but I must try my best to not our friendship get in the way. At the blow of the whistle I bolted straight up. Heather looked a bit uneasy on her broom but came my way. The beaters started to target her, hitting bludgers at her left and right. Maybe she was getting better at flying or she was just so clumsy that they missed. I saw a flash of gold wiz by me and I instantly went after it. Slytherin was up by 20. Heather stayed close to me trying to find the snitch. I turned away from her but heard a sudden yelp of pain. I looked back and Heather was hanging from her broom by one hand, and we were quite a ways up. The snitch appeared before my face and I swung my arm to get it but I was too slow. It hovered nearby but Heather was screaming my name. I saw one of my beaters coming our way and I had to decide what to do. I looked between Heather and the snitch.

"Brianna.....go...." Heather barely managed to get out. She has no upper body strength to use to get back up. I turned and flew after the snitch. I heard a whistle blow for a sub in but I did not look to see who it was for. The snitch was flying steadily ahead of me just out of my reach. We kept going up and up. In a split second it took a nose dive back down. I had to pause for a moment before going back down. I noticed that Neither heather nor her broom were in the air....and Malfoy was in the game. Oliver looked furious. I looked at the board and saw that we were tied. I had to end this before anyone gets seriously injured. I flew towards the snitch at a very high speed. I dodged players of both teams. I reached both hands out to try to get it. I felt something hard hit my side and fell to the ground. Luckily I wasn't too far up. All of the Gryffindor fans cried. I held up my hand for a moment then opened it. The snitch lay shining in the sun. Cheers erupted from all stands except slytherin. I think I even heard clapping from the slytherin bench, Heather surely. My team hoisted me up on their shoulders and paraded around the stadium. They brought me to our bench and Harry came running up. He tripped right before he got to me and fell into my arms. He blushed just as red as I did.

"Congratulations" he smiled.

"Thanks so much" I beamed at him. I felt arms wrap around me from behind and I heard Heather's elated voice.

"You did so amazingly!" she screeched a bit too loudly in my ear. I turned around and smiled.

"Thanks! Im so sorry I didn't help you out!" I apologized. "How did you get down anyway?"

"Draco forced our captain to sub him in as a beater and he came and saved me. Your beaters left me alone because they figured I wouldn't go for the snitch again." she sighed. Draco came and snaked his arm around her waist and kissed her cheek.

"Nice going out there" he gave a small smile. I nodded and turned back to Harry who seemed to stiffen in his presence. Draco didn't even acknowledge him. He pulled Heather away and she waved at me.

"I'll catch up with you later" she giggled glancing at Draco and winking. I waved and went off with Harry to relax. What a game.