Chapter 28

Brianna's POV

Harry smashed his lips to mine and I kissed him back instantly. It just felt... right. He pulled away after a short moment and smiled down at me crookedly. I blushed and looked down.

"I really like you Brianna, but.."

"But?" I asked, my heart dropping into my stomach.

"Dumbledore was just murdered.. I'm not sure this is time for a relationship." He mumbled.

"So you lead me on, kiss me, and then tell me you don't want to be with me?!" I yelled. "I thought you were different Harry potter but you are just like every other guy! you might as well be a slytherin!"

A/N for upcoming part: YES I KNOW THEY CANT APPARATE IN HOGWARTS.. that being said, it's my story, so just go with it or stop reading 😊

"Brianna no its not like that!" he pleaded. I turned quickly on my heel and marched away. I heard him getting closer so I apparated back to my room. I gave Hermione quite a scare.

"Sorry 'mione," I sighed.

"It's quite alright, what's the matter? something's wrong" she observed.

"I'm gonna go get heather so we can all talk" I said. She nodded as I made my way out of the common room and down to the slytherin dungeon. I knocked and knocked until Blaise opened the door.

"Shut up and get Heater for me," I told him sharply. He looked like he was about to protest but the anger in my eyes changed his mind. Heather came back quickly and looked me over.

"What's wrong??" she asked.

"Come with me, ill explain it back in my room" I replied. She complied and followed me back to my room. She greeted Hermione and sat on my bed. I sat between them and took a deep breath.

"Harry kissed me" I said quickly. They started being all girly but I stopped them. "but! then he said it wasn't a good time for a relationship"

"That's terrible! how dare he kiss you then say that???" heather screamed. I hushed her so no one else would hear.

"He's a guy, it's what they do," Hermione sighed. "But.. I know how much Harry likes you and I think he's just trying to protect you from what's coming"

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Before Albus died, he gave Harry a task, Ron and I decided to help, he wants to keep you safe from all of it." She explained vaguely.

"Well I want to help!" I protested.

"What is the task?" heather asked her.

"I can't tell, and maybe you should ask Harry before you just decide to join brianna" she warned.

"Bloody hell with what he wants, I'm helping." I smirked.

"Well that means you won't be coming back to hogwarts next year" she frowned.

"What?!" heather panicked. "I finally make friends and then they leave on some secret mission! Merlin's beard!"

"I'm sure it won't be so bad" Hermione tried to sympathize.

"Why don't you tag along?" I offered. Hermione sighed loudly.

"Harry does not want to involve anyone else in this" she scolded.

"I.. I don't want to pick a side... I mean with the dark lord or harry...." heather mumbled.

"Why not??" I asked.

"Draco isn't it?" Hermione questioned already knowing the answer.

"Heather he doesn't like you! he's not worth it!" I snapped. I instantly regretted it as soon I said it. Tears pooled in her eyes and she got up.

"I will see you in class" she said matter-of-factly.

"Heather no I'm sorry. I got upset that you didn't want to join me and got carried away. Please forgive me" I apologized.

"It's fine Brianna, I understand and you are right" she sighed.

"Fred will be helping us before we leave" Hermione winked at her.

"Fred?!" I eyed heather. She blushed.

"It's not like that" she smiled slightly.

"Oh come on! we aren't stupid," Hermione joked. As heather was about to protest, mcgonagall walked in.

"I'm sorry ladies but heather must return to her dormitory" she said. Heather said her goodbyes and left.

"So I can come?" I asked Hermione in relation to her upcoming endeavors.

"I guess...."