Chapter 23

Draco's POV

Heather kept thanking me over and over again for saving her.
"I owe you so much!" She kept insisting.
"It's fine babe don't worry" I smiled.
"That brings me to another thing..." she said nervously. "What...." she was cut off by snape appearing next to us.
"Mr.malfoy, I need to speak with you in my office." he said looking at me directly in the eyes.
"Can it wait a minute?" I asked impatiently. He gave me a stern look and shook his head no.
"Ill be back" I smiled sympathetically at heather. I leaned in to kiss her but snape pulled me back. He drug me to his office and slammed the door shut.
"He wanted me to check on your progress with your tasks." he raised a brow.
"They're coming along" I mumbled.
"THAT'S.... not good enough." He sighed rubbing his temple. "It needs to be taken care of draco!"
"I know that! I will get it done, I swear on my mother's life" I snapped at him.
"Then you need to clear all distractions. Even that filthy little"
"Don't you dare speak against her" I screamed. I immediately regretted it. I saw fury in his eyes. I took a small step back from him and he seemed to calm after a deep breath.
"Draco....must I once again stress to you how important you are to him? but he will not hesitate to destroy anything that hinders his victory" he told me. I closed my eyes to clear my head.
"Of course, I will have them completed soon" I mumbled.
"Good, you're excused". And with that I briskly turned and walked out. I had to go find heather, she always made me happy. I looked in the common room and didnt find her there. Finally I found her sitting outside with a book. I watched her for a moment admiring her beauty. The way her deep brown curls fell flawlessly down to her mid back, how her green eyes shined at they read over each word as if revealing a hidden treasure, how her sweet pink lips moved in sync with the book. She was perfect in every way. I cleared my throat and she looked up surprised.
"Oh, hello there," she giggled lightly. I took a seat by her side and held her hand as if for dear life. "Everything okay?"
"Uh yes.. I suppose so... but I do believe you were about to ask me a question before I was whisked away" I replied. She took a big gulp and the light went from her eyes.
"I was wondering if... we were like.... officially a couple" she said under her breath, I had to strain so I could hear her. I blushed and smiled. "But before you answer there is something you should know". She peaked up at me with fearful eyes and her anxiety spread to me. My stomach did a flip before I nodded to encourage her to continue. "My parents... well they aren't.. my parents. I'm adopted." She studded.
"Is that all?" I let out a nervous laugh. Her face twisted.
"I believe my real parents were... muggles...." She sighed.
"A m-mud...blood...?" I let slip from my lips. She looked up and nodded slightly.
A mudblood