Chapter 43

Draco's POV

I saw my mother take my father and leave. Good. I'm sure my father is furious with me but I want him safe too. I took heather inside, I basically had to drag her. She wanted to stay and fight. We went into a classroom and I locked the door. She sighed.

"I should be helping" she objected.

"I want you safe," I told her.

"I know you do Draco," she half smiled. "You didn't go"

"I couldn't leave you again. I know what's most important now and that's you," I replied. She smiled more. "I love you"

"I love you too," she said. I kissed her gently but she added more passion to it. I knew that this was where I belonged right then and there. 

"You're amazing and I know that this is hard for you, but it's the right thing," she smiled at me. It made me smile proudly knowing that I was making her happy.

Suddenly we both jumped as something hit the window. I saw a black mass flying raggedly through the air and it brought me back to reality. It seemed to snap Her out of her euphoria as well because she shot up.

"There's a war going on and I'm here making out like nothing is wrong! what's wrong with me?!" she cried.

"Nothing is wrong with you, we got caught up in the moment, at least we are safe," I said.

"Draco... we should go out there...." she mumbled. I sighed.

"Or we could stay in here and do it again," I chuckled. She tried hiding her smile as she looked at me.

"I think I should at least help," she said walking towards the door. I followed her, I can't let her do this alone.

"We're in this together, whether you like it or not," I sighed. This girl makes me crazy. She pecked my lips.

"Thank you," she smiled. I nodded and we went to the courtyard where Harry was faced off with Voldemort. I'm actually kind of rooting for potter.