Chapter 37

Heather's POV

Ron's gone... he just left! he's gone mad! he and Harry got into a fight and he just took off! I have to admit, everyone has been on edge lately, mostly whenever we wore the locket. It made us all negative. I hope we can just destroy it soon, I'm sick of it! Hermione is so worried over Ron leaving, Harry doesn't care right now, he's wearing the locket. Brianna doesn't even go near him when he has it on. We sat outside, Brianna and I, and just watched the clouds.
"I wish I was more help," I sighed.
"What do you mean?" she asked.
"I feel like you guys do everything and find solutions to problems, and I just sit here collecting dust" I whined. She shook her head.
"You keep us all level headed, we would have killed each other without you," she smiled.
"Well I couldn't help keep Ron here," I mumbled. She slapped me across the face. "What the hell?!"
"You need to open your eyes and realize that things will be okay and you are important." She yelled.
"Well geez did you have to hit me?!" I screamed back. She nodded. "Damn girl, we don't even need to destroy the holocruxes, we can just have you slap Voldemort like that and he will die," I joked. She burst into laughter. We hadn't had this much happiness in a long time. Harry took first watch tonight, thankfully, because I was tired as hell. I heard crunching of branches and it woke me up. No one else seemed to notice. I looked outside and saw Harry walking away. What the frick? I followed him quietly and finally saw what he was chasing. It was a doe patronus. wow. It sank to the bottom of the lake and Harry looked through the ice. He melted a hole and started stripping. Ummmm.... I watched him carefully to make sure I was really seeing it because it seemed unreal. He dove in the water and I waited. I inched closer slowly. I heard splashing and a struggle and I ran to the edge. I couldn't even see him!
"Heather move!" I heard a voice yell. Ron was running at me so I moved as he said and he dove in. Where did he come from?! after like three minutes they both resurfaced and Ron had the sword of Gryffindor!
"Are you okay?" I asked. "Both of you"
"I'm ok," Harry said catching his breath. Ron just nodded.
"Where did you come from?! what the hell Ronald?! we were all worried sick!" I screamed.
"This can wait till later... we have a holocrux to destroy." Harry interrupted. We placed it on a log. "Go ahead Ron,"
"Me? why?" he asked nervously.
"You can do it," I smiled. He raided the sword and when he was about to bring it down, black fog rose from the locket. Ron fell back and Harry and I were blinded. I heard a voice speaking to Ron, speaking lies. Then Ron ran towards Harry with the sword raised. Oh shit! before I could react Ron destroyed the locket. The fog retracted and it was calm once again.
"Well done Ron!" I laughed. He smiled weakly.
"We should get back," Harry said. I agreed and we started back towards camp in the early morning sun.