Chapter 24

Heather's POV

I had so many emotions running through my body, but not as many as Draco had in his eyes. Confusion, fear, sadness, anger, and many more danced like flames in his eyes.
"I..... I think I should go" I said quietly as I gathered my things to leave. I stood up but he clutched onto my arm.
"No... stay... we have to talk about this" he mumbled.
"What's to talk about Malfoy?? either you want to be with me regardless of blood status OR you let your pride and ego get in the way. it's your choice Malfoy!" I yelled. I didn't mean to scream like that but I just had to get it out.
"No it's not like that! there's so much more to it than that! you said you think they are muggles? so you could at least be half blood...right?!" he asked desperately.
"I have my answer then," I said fighting back the tears. "See you around". I ran inside trying to find Brianna. I was looking down and I ran into someone. Luckily it was just George....Fred....George..? one of them!
"What's the matter little Darlin'" he asked throwing on a southern accent.
"N-nothing" I sniffled.
"That's not true. now tell Freddy what's wrong" he sighed.
"It's just.... Draco..." I mumbled.
"What did he do??" he asked with a violent tone.
"Calm down... he didn't do anything... but its a long story," I cried.
"Well I've got time." He plastered a smile on his face. He brought me into the Gryffindor common room, surprisingly it was empty. We sat by the fire and he turned to me. "Now what is it?"
"Well... you know how all the Slytherins are basically pure blood and overly proud about it? well I guess the sorting hat let a lesser blood status slip in. I'm adopted.... my magical parents adopted me when I was only one. they've recently confided in me that I'm most likely a muggle born," I explained.
"Really?! a muggle born in slytherin?! dating the slytherin prince basically the most proud of them all!" he yelled.
"Well that's the thing... I told Draco and he didn't really accept that fact that I'm a "mud blood" as he says. so it's over" I let a tear slip and he gently wiped it away. He joked around trying to make me smile until dinner. Once in the great hall I sat with my friends and filled them in. Harry was angry that Malfoy would do that, I think he was most upset just because he and Malfoy are mortal enemies. Suddenly we heard a loud pop and sizzle coming from the slytherin side. Draco was on the floor with a tuft of hair singed and smoking. Fred peaked over at me with a hint of smile tugging at his lips. a smile meant just for me.