Chapter 33

Heather's POV

We got on our brooms/thestrals and took off. It wasn't long before we were ambushed. Death eaters were waiting for us. I shot out spell after spell, Brianna was as well. I saw Hagrid and the real Harry took off. I saw someone fall from the sky, it looked like Mad-eye but I couldn't be sure. Brianna and I were being tailed by two death eaters.
"Go faster!" she yelled.
"I'm trying!" I yelled back. I swerved as best I could to miss spells. I heard Brianna scream out and grab onto me tighter, digging into my skin. Someone hit her with the crutiatus curse. "Hold on we're almost there!". I threw back a stupify and knocked someone down. Only one left. They were wearing masks so I couldn't see who it was, if I could then maybe I would know their weakness. I pulled up and waited for the death eater to go by and went behind them. They looked behind them and turned around and we were face to mask. That's when I realized... I would recognize those eyes anywhere. The mask disappeared and I saw his face for the first time in a long while. He looked at me with pain and confusion.
"Expelliarmus" I said knocking his wand from his hand. His eyes never left mine. I took off again and got to the burrow. We were last to arrive. People were sobbing and talking quickly. Lupin held his wand to my throat.
"What house was Brianna almost sorted into?" he asked.
"Hufflepuff" I answered. He lowered his wand and motioned for us to go inside. George was on the couch bleeding from his head. Apparently Snape did it. Mundungus apparated leaving mad-eye to be killed. I wanted him dead this instant! what a coward! everyone else was safe otherwise but Harry looked distraught. Brianna went over to him but he wouldn't speak.
"I can't have you guys risking your lives for me anymore!" he finally snapped.
"Harry, this isn't just for you, it's for all of the world, muggles and magicals," Brianna sighed. He shook his head and sat down.
"No more stressing, time to get ready for dinner," Molly Weasley said. "We start wedding planning tomorrow". The image of Draco sitting on his broom just like the rest of those murderers was burned into my brain. Tomorrow seemed like such an uncertainty.