Chapter 26

Brianna's POV

Harry and I had gotten really close after the quidditch game but I needed to console heather. She was pretty torn up over Draco. I told her that it was his loss and that she was too good for him, the generic friendship consolation, but it was all true. She seemed to be happier, especially around Fred. It was a clear night and I went to find Harry but when I did, he was very distraught.

"What's wrong Harry?" I asked filled with concern.

"Nothing Brianna, you wouldn't understand" he snapped. I was taken aback by his tone. He used such anger. He noticed my reaction and his eyes softened a bit. "I'm sorry. just a lot going on."

"Well mind if I help take your mind off of whatever it is? maybe we can hang out tonight," I offered.

"I'm sorry, I'd love to but I have a previous engagement." He sighed. Ginny Weasley walked by and smiled at Harry, he returned the smile and I felt a tad jealous. Bloody hell woman it was just a smile!

"Well ill see you around Harry" I said walking away.

"Brianna wait!" he yelled after me. I turned on my heel and looked at him. "Will you go out with me? tomorrow maybe?" he asked nervously. I blushed and smiled.

"I thought you'd never ask" I giggled. "See you tomorrow Harry" I waved. This is so exciting I have to go tell someone! I couldn't tell heather because she was probably in the Slytherin common room. Maybe ill find Luna or Hermione! I was running down the hall when I heard footsteps, two sets I think, coming my way. I hid behind a pillar when I noticed Malfoy and Dumbledore. I watched them go up to the astronomy tower, then I saw Harry sneak in. Snape followed after that. Wtf? party that I wasn't invited to? I snuck a bit closer and set out my magical ear so I could listen closely.

"Shut up! she doesn't love me! and I don't love her! I can't!" Draco screamed.

"Can't.. or won't accept it?" Dumbledore asked.

"She is a mudblood! I could be killed for being with her!" Malfoy screamed. It sounded like he was about to cry. I should tell heather about it, obviously they were talking about her. I heard a few faint exchanges then heard footsteps running my way. I ran and hid behind my previous pillar and saw Draco slump against the wall with tears streaming down his face. I hear the voice of snape saying the killing curse. Then I knew. Our lives were about to take a drastic turn.