CHAPTER 3: Perfection

Jace was walking just behind Jonathan. He was staring at Clary, feeling sorry for her. Ge did not like her friend Simon, who probably liked her by the way he looked at her. And Jonathan, well, they were to have bad blood.

Jace was just totally marveled over her- even though he doesn't even know her.

She was curvy, smaller, and lean. She looked as if she trains offen and plays some sort of instrument. He watched her chest rise and fall every five minutes to make sure she was alive. He wanted to know her, touch her, kiss her.

He snapped out of it when Clary croaked.

"Clarissa?" Jonathan said, softly. "Clary are you okay?"

"Johnny," she coughed. "It hurts."

"Your back?" He asked.

"No. My chest." She started to hack. Jace thought she started coughing up dark blood- but as he got closer he relised it was demon ichor.

"Whats happening to her?" Simon asked, trying to break away from Alec.

"I. Don't. Know. Simon!" Jonathan snapped.

Simon looked shocked, but came back to it in the matter of seconds. "Is she dying?!"

Jonathan looked like he was about to explode. "I DON'T KNOW!"

Jace walked up to him and took Clary from him. She was warm, small and fragile in his arms, like a rag doll.

Ichor was slowly going down her chin and her eyes were closed. "Clary, can you hear me?" he said softly to her.

"Yes." she croaked out.

"You'll be alright, okay? I need to know what I could do to help you." Jace said. He was always good with people. Everyone who had a mind set right liked Jace. Everyone.

She coughed to the side, spitting out ichor. "Let me walk."

"No," Jonathan, Simon, and Jace said at the same time.

"I can do it." She opened her eyes fully. Jace stared into them. They sparkled green and gold and her gaze cought his, she was raising an eyebrow.

He set her legs down gentally and helped her gain her balance. She shivered. "Who cut my dress?" She asked. Her British accent was heavy.

"I did. Do you have your medicine with you?" Jonathan answered.

Clary took a step foward, stumbling. Jonathan slung her arm across his shoulders. "Left it at home. It's infront of Naomi's cage."

"Who's Naomi?" Isabelle asked, coming in between him and Clary.

"My hunting bird." Clary said.

Isabelle tilted her head.

"When I was eight, Valentine gave me a raven for my birthday. He told me to make it obey me and tame it. So I did, giving him comands to kill, fetch, fly, send messages, and a lot of other things. I did it, and he was proud of me for the first time in, well, it was the only time he was ever proud of me. Jonathan tought his bird to love him and didn't tame his. Valentine killed it infront of us."

"Thats horrible!" Isabelle said.

"It was the least he could do." Clary whispered.

Clary was the last to enter into Idris.

When Clary entered, Jace lead her to a room into a tall ancient building. Jonathan was taken to another, and Simon to another.

"The Clave," Jace said as he mixed together the paste to heal her back. "will ask you questions under the Mortal sword. Do you even know whats going on?"

"Yes," Clary shifted akwardly in her on her bed. "Kind of. Jonathan knows more than I."

"What happened to your mom?" Jace asked.

Clary clamed up. She never liked talking about her mother. She'd rather be dead than live with the heavy weight of feeling like you were the cause of death was your fault. Now that she watched her father be slaughtered infront of her, she felt like she could have done something to save him. Could have.

After a minutes when Clary didn't answer, Jace broke the silence as he moved across the room in three swift strides and sat down behind her. "Do yiu want me to do it or..." he let the sentence hang in the air.

"Uh, yeah, can you, uh..."

He dunked his fingers into the paste and softly ran them across her back. Clary arched, gasping.

"You alright?" Jace asked, consern in his voice.

"Yes." she managed out.

He stood, putting the paste on the side table, washing his hands in the sink.

Clary laid down on her stomache and closed her eyes.

"I'll wake you in two hours." Jace said and Clary herd the door shut, softly.

She fell asleep with the picture of her dead father behind her eye lids.

{A/N: Yes, I did use the bird in the story only because its a big part in the upcoming chapters. What happened to Jace with the bird happened to Jonathan because in this story, Jonathan is kinder because he grew up with Clary. Clary tamed it because she wanted to make her father proud and wanted a faithful companion and didn't know Simon at the time}