CHAPTER 47: Prediction

He spun on his heel, Clary watched, holding a knife. Her knife. No one touches her knife.

He cut his wrist and held it over a body. A female's body.

Valentine laughed slightly. "Oh Jocelyn," he whispered, kissing her mother's ear. "Always getting yourself in trouble."

He whispered a few words in a exotic demon tongue.

The scene changed. Amber and Heather were in a cage, Amber banging harmlessly at the bars, crying, her face angry. Her hands were bruised and bloody. "LET US OUT!" she screamed, like she was being murdered. She had a crazed look inside of her diamond eyes.

Heather, being her parabatai, had her hand on her friend's shoulder. She had a wound in her hand. "Amber, please! Ragnor will notice we're gone! He'll call Magnus and Clary and the rest. We'll be alright!"

Amber whipped around, looking into Heather's eyes. "And what if we're not?" She asked, her voice hoarse from screaming. "I worked to damn hard for this. To get here." She almost whispered.

Then, everything faded into blackness.

***

Clary needed to wake up. She needed to rescue Amber and Heather and get back to Jace.

She fought the darkness until she saw a light. Then, she saw the infirmary of the Institute. She sighed, happily.

Jonathan appeared in doorway. "Clarissa!" He ran to her, embracing her gentally. "You've been out for a week."

"A WEEK!?" She screamed.

How long had Amber and Heather been in a cage, if it were real? Were they dead, or somewhere in the Institute, waiting for her to wake up. Amber delt with that kind of stuff.

"Are Amber and Heather here?"

Jonathan sat on the side of the bed, shaking his head. "No body has found them."

"How did-"

"Clary, you were the one who told us about what happened to them. Magnus went to their apartment and they were gone. Ragnor is basically going on a rage without Amber." He explained.

"I told you?"

Jonathan chuckled. "You've told us a lot of things."

Clary involuntary blushed.