CHAPTER 43: Invisible Demon

Simon and Clary ran down the stairs of the Institute to find Jonathan twirling his blade around and fighting an imaginary demon, like he always did before he headed off to a fight.

Simon drew a seraph blade, whispering its name. It blazed up and he joined into help Jonathan, like Simon always did.

Next, Simon knew that Clary would draw her Morgenstern blade, joining in to help them fight the imaginary deen.

That, she did.

When she joined, about a minute later they erupted into laughter and Simon and Jonathan did a few war calls.

They headed off, knowing where there was a lot of demon signals. The Pandemonium Club.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Simon handed Clary her change of clothes. They stopped inside of a small corner store. "The guy behind the counter is a werewolf. He'll hold your gear for you. Remember the plan," He smiled. "Meet you at the the Pandemonium."

Clary returned the smile and walked into the small run down bathroom of the corner store. Simon had told Isabelle to pick out some clothes to go into the Pandemonium, knowing she had been there before.

Clary pulled off her shirt and the first thing Clary saw was a laced pushup bra. She sighed, taking off her bra and putting the other on. She took out a short sleeved hot pink turtle neck and a see through black sweater, that covered her runes.

She bent down to unlace her combat boots and put them to the side. She stood straight, taking off her weapons belt and pants. She found fish net leggings and a black mini-skirt; one that hookers would wear. She sighed, again.

Left in the bag was knee-high highheels, and eyeliner and mascara. She slipped into the heels, finding a yellow Post-It stuck to the left boot. She took it off and read the scratchy cursive:

Clary,

Put on heavy eyeliner. This place is more of heavy-goth nighttime club. Also, those heels are four-inches. I'd do a few test walks. Make sure to be sudective if you want to catch the demon. They like that kind of stuff. Also, one last thing: PART YOUR HAIR TO THE SIDE!

-Izzy

Clary giggled slightly and did as she said: Heavy eyeliner, hair parted at the side, and walked in a circle about five times.

She took out her seraph blade, Raphael, and slipped it into her bra. She also put her stele into the side of her skirt.

She dreaded leaving her Morgenstern blade behind, but did so anyway.

She took the key that the werewolf gave her and pushed back the picture of grapes on the wall. Behind it was a safe. She used the key to open it and put her gear and weapons inside of it. She locked it, heading out of the bathroom.

Heads turned.

She was ready.