CHAPTER 30: Saved Our Souls.

Isabelle dropped down and Alec caught her. She stood straight, brushing off her clothes. She looked Jace dead in the eye and said, "You sure this is the place?"

Jace nodded and took out his stele, drawing an unlocking rune. Nothing happened.

He started banging on the metal door. "Clary?"

He heard movement in the room. From the other side of the door he heard a faint whisper: "Jace."

He smiled lightly and called to her. "Get away from the door."

He turned to Magnus. "Do you think you could use your magic to break down the door?"

"Duh." Magnus groaned, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Jace, Alec, and Isabelle stood on the left side of the door. Magnus' cat eyes gleamed and his hands started to glow a blue fire. He started chanting a ancient demonic prayer.

When he was finished chanting, he lifted his hands on the door flew back, making a loud ear numbing sound.

Jace slipped into the room and saw Clary and Jonathan- or what appeared to be Jonathan- pressed up against the left wall.

Jace smiled in relief at Clary and she smiled back. He walked over to her and hugged her, tight. She hugged back with the amount of strength. Sometimes he forgot how strong she really was.

He let go of her and cupped the sides of her face, pressing his forehead against hers. "I thought I'd never see you again." He closed his eyes.

He felt Clary's warm lips against his and he started to kiss back when she pulled away. "I would leave without saying goodbye," she laughed. "So I had to come back."

Jace pulled away from her and looked at Jonathan who was smiling slightly at them. His face hardened when Jace looked at him.

"Were you captured to?" Jace asked.

"N-no. I captured Clary." Jonathan answered.

Jace pinned the other boy against the wall, a blade at his neck. "Why? What did you do to her?"

"Jace, you have to understand-"

"I won't understand shit. Why would you kidnap your own sister?" Jace felt a hand on his shoulder and turned around to see Clary.

"When he kidnapped me, he was demonic, Jace." She scoped his eyes and reached her hand out carefully to lower his blade. "Before he was born, Valentine put demon blood in him, like you already know. But, Jonathan was a failed project so Valentine kept trying to fix it by injecting him with more demon blood to make him what he had already planned. Johnny started to not take it after Valentine died to become normal. Towards the end he was a little insane." Her eyes fell on Jonathan. "A lot insane."

Jonathan scowled, but laughed.

Jace let go of Jonathan and hugged Clary. "Okay."

Isabelle, Alec, and Magnus stepped forward and Alec pulled Clary away from  Jace. Alec hugged Clary. "By the Angel, stop doing this."

"Doing what?" Clary asked, giggling.

"Worrying us." He let go of Clary and Isabelle hugged Clary.

"Girl, I thought I lost you." She laughed.

Clary and Isabelle broke apart and Jace saw Clary look at Magnus with recollection of something.

"Cat Eye Man?" she asked.

"Magnus Bane." he corrected. "But yeah, I'm Cat Eye Man."

"Are you the one dating Alec?"

Cat Eye Man nodded.

Clary smiled. "I haven't seen you since I got my first runes."

"Yeah." he looked at Jonathan and Clary. "So I heard you can make runes." He said to Clary. Clary nodded. "Since we are here why don't we go visit my old friend, Ragnor Fell?"