CHAPTER 38: Greetings

Clary tried wiping demon ichor off of her face as Jace pulled her along, going straight towards the library. She looked at the rip in the leather of her jacket, shrugging it off. She could fix it easily.

Jace opened one of the French doors and pulled her in.

Isabelle was arguing with a tall man, the one that was holding Jonathan down the day that her father died.

"-not here!" Isabelle was saying.

Jace cleared his throat and walked down the stairs, still pulling Clary along.

"Robert, you remember Clary." Maryse Lightwood said, who, Clary just noticed sitting at her desk. "Clary, this is my husband, Robert."

"Hello." Clary smiled.

Robert returned the favor, "Hello."

He turned to Jace, looking at Clary and his connected hands.

Not taking his eyes off it, he spoke. "Jace where is my son? No one will tell me."

"He's eighteen," Jace said. "He is an adult which means he can go to other Institutes. That's what he did. The Angel knows where he is."

Robert knodded and walked out of the library, looking frustrated.

"Thank you." Maryse said.

"Where's Max?" Jace asked.

"Over on the couch." Isabelle pointed over to the lounging area.

Jace smiled at Clary and pulled her towards where Izzy had pointed.

"You know I can follow you, right?" Clary asked. "You don't need to pull me along."

Jace shrugged and pulled her all the way to the couches. A blonde haired boy with eyes like Alec and glasses sat, reading a comic book.

"Max," Jace said and the boy looked up, smiling. His eyes fell onto Clary and he gave a questioning look. "This is Clary. She's a new Shadowhunter staying here."

"Hi, Clary." Max said, smiling.

She smiled back. "Hi."

Someone came into the library. Clary turned her head, seeing Jonathan. "Clary," he breathed out, looking like he had been running. "Simon wants you."

Clary looked at Jace and then ran off.

***

"She's your girlfriend isn't she?" Max asked Jace.

Jace chuckled. "Yeah she is."

"She's pretty." Max said.

"I know." He sat next to the nine year old.

City of Deadly Sinsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें